Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, April 11, 2011

Now that I have a minute...

I can blog again. I wondered why some other Mommy bloggers just quit the whole blog sharing thing, but I think I've got it figured out....Their bundle of joy started crawling! Last week Carson was scooting around on his tummy, army crawl style. And last Saturday afternoon he figured out how to crawl like a "big boy". He is everywhere, gaining speed each day. My house totally looks like a boy that crawls lives here. There are balls and toys everywhere, nothing sits on the bottom shelves, and mom is tired. I'm predicting that by next week we'll be keeping all of the doors closed, or maybe a putting a baby gate at the front of our hallway to keep him somewhat corralled.

Harper...Party of Three has been super busy in the last week and a half as well. James and I have been trying to mark some items off of our looooong "Spring To-Do" list that I've compiled. We've got lots of new landscaping planted, and as I type the last bits of our white rock are being scooped out. We are planning on laying mulch sometime this week! I can NOT wait! I've painted the front door twice (didn't like the first color) and hung and planted flowers in some window baskets around our deck. The outside of our house was never our favorite but with the new front door color, and big plant on the front porch are looking SO much more homey!

White door...
Charcoal door...
(Since this picture those awkwardly placed large shrubs have found a new home in the backyard and were replaced with boxwoods. Pics to come...)

Carson has been a busy boy too, which of course goes without saying. haha He is soooooo busy these days exploring the house. He's finding new places to crawl, new things to climb on, and new things to play with! Looks a little something like this...








My little man is wearing me out but I'm so excited for him that's he's mobile :) He seems to have so much fun chasing his balls around the house! He is also getting better at walking. He can now push his walker around by himself, and just today he started walking while I just held onto one of his hands. He isn't quite sure how he likes that though, he's a little nervous and whiny but I'm sure in a day or two he'll prefer having that other hand free. Things are looking up for our goal (walking by the time we head to Florida-29 days!)

1 comment:

  1. Adorable!
    Let me know when you all come to Benton for a visit. I would love to see how big Carson has gotten and to see you all too.

    ReplyDelete