Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

An apple a day...


I said I would do it. I thought I would do it. I did it. I made baby food. I know some of you were probably quite skeptic when I stated wayyyy back mid way through my pregnancy that I was actually going to make Carson's baby food. Over the last week or so Carson hasn't been real enthused while eating his plain ol' rice and oatmeal cereal so yesterday we kicked it up a notch! I made homemade applesauce and mixed a little into his cereal, and like magic, he gobbled it up! I was surprised at how simple it was to make the applesauce. To be honest, I'm not quite sure why people actually buy the stuff in a jar? All it takes is coring, peeling, and slicing the apples; then steaming them, and mashing them. Wha-la Applesauce. No sugar, no preservatives, just apples. I love it!

I can't wait to start trying other foods! Next weekend we plan on trying carrots :) Carson however doesn't want to wait that long. Last night we were eating dinner, Carson was in my lap of course, and he literally grabbed a huge handful of mashed potatoes off of my plate! It was hilarious!

I challenge all of the Mom's out there to try, just once, to make your own applesauce. You'll see how easy it really is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment