Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I guess this is the 7 week slump...

Whew...It's been a long last couple of days. I've been on a roller coaster ride of feeling good one minute, and horrible the next. I spent about 5 days last week in a complete blur I felt so bad. Turns out it was the prenatal vitamins that were giving me problems. So, I stopped taking those for now and I felt better for a day or so and then this weekend I was sick, sick, sick. I spoke with the doctor yesterday and she said she was concerned that I got dehydrated. She told me that yesterday (Monday) I really needed to focus on drinking lots of liquids or I'd be having to come in for a hydration IV... that scared me a bit and I drank as much as I could yesterday. I feel like a new person today :) Yay!!

When I talked with the doctor yesterday she said that the whole "morning sickness" thing doesn't usually really flare up until about the 7th week... guess that's why I'm feeling so icky. I can't believe it's already been 7 weeks... In only 21 days we get to hear the heartbeat :) Yay!!!

James has this feeling that there are TWO babies in there. As some of you know when we did the artificial insemination they found that I actually had two eggs that developed and ovulated... so, there is a chance that there are two...Oh wow wouldn't that be crazy! Hopefully we will be able to clear all of the speculation up when we go in November 2nd! haha

Only 21 more days until our first doctors appointment... We can not wait :)

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are feeling somewhat better. When I hit the 12 week mark, it was a walk in the park, Ashley. And the heartbeat is the most remarkable sound you'll ever hear! A friend suggested I got to Build A Bear and purchase one of those records to record the heartbeat and then place it in one of the animals for the baby to later use. Nifty idea ;) Hang in there!!! And if there are two...that's two blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all those fluids do the trick & you're feeling better soon. Let us know if there's anything we can for you! Maybe you'll be changing the title of your blog to "Harper, Party of Four" soon!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there are 2 babies as well!!!! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete