Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Heading West...

Today is mine and Carson's last full day in Kentucky! Tomorrow we head to Missouri for good :) I honestly can't begin to explain how excited I am!!! It's been about 10 days since we've seen James so right now that is what I'm most excited about, getting our family all in one place! Tomorrow night we'll be staying in a hotel and then Friday morning at 9:30am we get to close on our new place! I CAN NOT WAIT! I'm so anxious to get in there and put some color on the walls :) I wouldn't say that I'm "excited" to paint... But I am excited to see the outcome! We've recruited my brother Andy, and my Dad to come help with the painting so hopefully between the 4 of us, and maybe some help from James' assistant we can get 13 doors, all of the trim, and almost of the walls painted in 2 1/2 days? Do you think it's possible? I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Thanks to James' relocation package we had movers come in, box up our stuff in Minnesota, and then they'll be bringing it to the new place! They should be arriving shortly after closing on Friday, followed by my parents, and then Andy and Liz...oh yeah, and Max and Chloe will be there too. We are going to have a FULL house! It has the potential to be quite a chaotic day but I really don't care because I'M SO EXCITED!!!
Carson during his 3 month photo shoot hanging out on the quilt that Granny made :)

Carson and I have really enjoyed our stay with Granny & Pops! It's kind of been nice hanging out in the big O again, but I have to say....It seems so small compared to the big city life we've kinda got accustomed to. I know that my parents have enjoyed having us here but I'm sure they are ready to reclaim their space. Right now their living room contains not only their stuff but a baby swing, diaper changing stuff, blankets, toys, burp clothes, and of course Carson! It seems that no matter how hard I try I can't contain the "stuff" that we have here! I guess it's because nothing really has a "place" to go. My parents of course have been great hosts to us, and Chloe (Did I mention that Chloe has been here since we were here for the Sip & See? Yeah, they're awesome.) . I know Chloe and Max are going to miss having each other to play with but now Chloe has a house and yard big enough to host uncle Max :) Yay!!

Once we get half way situated in STL I'll post a few pictures of the progress we've made! Can't wait to share :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new house! Praying you travel safely and get the house painted with no hiccups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the pics! Your new home is going to be so beautiful! Have fun. Say hi to your family for us!

    ReplyDelete