Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 27, 2010

3 Months Old!!

Three months ago, at 9:43am I gave birth to my favorite little guy in the whole wide world! It's so hard to believe it's already been three months! I'll give you an update on what's been going on with Carson....
Physical Appearance:
I must start by saying that this little guy has a smile that could light up the world. I know every mother probably says that about their child, but really... his smile is the best.

According to my scale at home Carson weighs 13.6 lbs and he's dangerously close to being 26 inches long, or tall-however you want to think of it :) He is still what we like to call "long & lean", and were not really sure where he gets that from 'cause neither Mommy or Daddy are of the "long and lean" sorts! It's looking like were going to gave a blondie! When James was little he had the white/blonde hair, so were predicting Carson will have the same. I'm kind of hoping he gets my thick curls too :) Carson is still wearing size 1 diapers, but they are starting to get a wee bit tight. Mommy and Daddy now feel like diaper changing pros...Although, just when I think to myself, "I haven't gotten peed on in a while...", he gets me. Today was one of those days.

Sleep:

Taking a nap like a true boy....
Is Carson sleeping through the night yet? I get asked that question quite often. My answer... almost. As you all know the last month for our family has been crazy to say the least. We haven't been in one place for more than a week at a time. As soon as Carson gets in a routine we're off to somewhere else, poor guy. He typically falls asleep around 7:30 or 8ish and sleeps for an hour or so, until we wake him up for a diaper change, and a little "night cap". So, he's been sleeping from about 9ish until 4-5ish. Today he slept until 5:15! Woo Hoo! He's getting so very very close :) I feel sure that once we get settled in our new place he'll be sleeping like a baby (no pun intended). As far as naps go they are quite random. Some days he'll take a big 2-3 hour nap and some days he takes lots of little 20-30 minute naps... I guess this is normal?

Eating:
In this picture Carson is actually sleeping while Mimi and Poppy are cooking dinner, of course he woke up as soon as I put my food on the plate. That's a typical Carson move...
As of now Carson is still using the Target brand (Up & Up) Formula, thank goodness. The stuff works great for him and is wayyyy cheaper than the name brands. The boy is going to be "tight" with his money just like his daddy. He's taking anywhere between 5-6 oz. of formula at a time. This week he started using the 3-6 month, medium flow nipples. We can't really tell much difference but I'm sure Carson can!

Friends:
Of course our little man is quite the social butterfly. He's enjoyed his time in Kentucky getting to see all of his friends :) He's had a couple play dates and has done lots of visiting!

Carson is only one day older than his cousin Miles :)

Peyton loves "baby Carson"!

And of course Carson's best bud is his cousin Parker :) I'm just amazed at how good Parker is with him! He helped me feed him the other day, and he's always wanting to cover him up with blankets. He loves to play with him, and his toys. When he's riding in the back seat with him he enjoys being my "backseat babysitter". He lets me know what Carson is up to back there! They are just so cute together!

So, to wrap it all up I'm pretty sure Carson is the cutest, smartest, funniest, handsomest, most smiley 3 month old in the world....Don't you agree?

Of course you do.... How could you not after looking at that sweet face?

1 comment:

  1. That smile is the sweetest! I am loving his monkey hat too!

    ReplyDelete