Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Holiday preparations...

Whew, it's been a busy couple of weeks in the Harper house! Last Thursday Carson and I headed to Owensboro to host a baby shower for Elizabeth. We had a blast but we really wish the hubs could have gone with us! Of course Carson got all duded up for the big party! I have to say he looked pretty freakin' cute in his grey hounds-tooth sweater vest :) Don't you think so?

Once we got back to the "Show me state" we had LOTS to do... There was laundry, baby food that needed to be made, shopping that needed to be done, Carson's stocking that needed to be finished, and a house to decorate for Christmas! Well, when we moved in we let our movers take our old Christmas tree because it was just a 6 foot one, to small for our new big place! So, a couple weeks ago James let me buy a new one. I decided that since we have such high ceilings we'd need a 9 foot tree! Found it, bought it, brought it home, and put it up only to find that it was too tall. Our ceiling in the living room are vaulted. Therefore, in order for it to fit well it had to be scooted away from the wall to much. Sooooo I took down the 9 foot tree, boxed it back up (somehow managing to get in back in the box with no problems...Yeah, it was a miracle I know.), and today we need to return it. Tuesday I went out tree shopping AGAIN, this time for a 7 1/2 footer :) Of course I found the perfect tree...again. haha Brought it home, put it up, and decorated it! It looks perfect, and I love it :) But I have to say... I think Carson loves it more than me! haha When he looks at it his little eyes just light up, and he gets a huge grin on his face. That look made the whole two tree debacle totally worth it!

I know its a wee-bit early to be putting up the tree anyways, so I will spare you the pictures until the day after Thanksgiving when it's officially "legal" to have it up! haha Plus, I haven't taken any yet :) When I got home last Sunday I somehow talked James into putting up the Christmas lights. James wasn't thrilled about putting them up especially when I told him where I wanted them! haha After all, it was quite a dangerous task. While on the roof James says down to me, "If I slide off don't try to catch me, just let me fall and break my leg." I think I replied with something like, "Uhh, OK honey, but you need to pull them a little tighter over there." haha He says he risked his life to put them up... I might have to agree! Every good hubby, and daddy, risk their life to decorate their family's house at Christmas right? It's just part of the job.
Carson and I were safe on the ground :)

This week will be a short week with Thanksgiving and all! On Wednesday we are heading to Benton to spend the holiday with the Harper's :) We can't wait!!! On our way home Friday we are stopping by James' old stomping grounds, the big city of Mt. Vernon, IL to see a few of his friends, and more importantly, to show off our main man (Who, by the way, will be 6 months old in one week... Can you believe it?)!

1 comment:

  1. The picture of James on top of your roof is hilarious! We can't believe you got him to go up there! Love your new blog background and the sweet, sweet picture of Carson on the top! Happy Turkey Day. Gobble Gobble.
    ps..can't wait to see the Christmas tree pics!

    ReplyDelete