Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A weekend of firsts...

Since we've moved in James, Carson, and I have only had a few weekend here at home by ourselves. Last weekend was one of them and we filled it with all kinds of fun things :) James had the day off on Friday so we even got an extra day to hang out! On Thursday afternoon while Skyping with my parents Carson FINALLY showed some interest in rolling over! He was laying on his tummy chatting with Granny and Pops when he started to tuck in his little arm, and lift up his leg...It was like SUPER slow motion but he did it.... Two times in a row he rolled over from his tummy to his back :) It was SO cute and I'm so glad that someone else got to see it. Of course I tried getting him to do it again for James but I guess he was too tired... Thursday night we went out and bought a ceiling fan for Carson's room (when we bought the house there was no overhead light at all...and electrician comes today to do the wiring), and coach lights for either side of the garage (the wiring for those is being done today too). So... this afternoon we will have LIGHT! Yay! Thursday night was quite chilly so Carson got to wear his first sock-cap for our late night trip to Lowe's!Friday we spent some time doing a few things around here and then we went out to buy our first Christmas tree for the new house :) Of course with our TALL ceilings we needed a tall tree :) So we got a really pretty tall skinny tree! James was almost excited as I was. ha. I'm pretty sure I wont be able to wait until after Thanksgiving to put it up. I'm guessing it will be up early next week :) We ran several other errands Friday too, one being getting my new license plate...
There is just something about a Missouri plate that makes me smile, no offense Oklahoma or Minnesota. So, I guess you could say, Yes Missouri, YEO M2U (Yea-I'm-in-2-U). So, it's a stretch but hey, its pretty close :)

Lets see... It seems like there was some kind of a "first" on Saturday but I can't think of it. Oh, yeah... I played my first game of Spades! Some old friends of James' came over and we all played. It was super fun and I can't wait to play again!

Sunday however might be the best "first" of the weekend...We met our friends Jon and Beth at Jilly's Cupcake Bar for our very first Jilly's cupcake. Oh. My. Gosh. Yum. Yum. Yum. I could try to explain the yummy goodness with my words but it just wouldn't do it justice.
Yeah, they pretty much taste as good as they look. I can not wait to go back. It's a perfect place to take an "out-of-towner"! So, our next house-guests will for sure be treated to Jilly's :) Don't you all knock down our door at once.

We ended our fun weekend with carrots. What? How do you go from cupcakes to carrots you ask? Well, that would be because our little man got to eat carrots for dinner Sunday night! He loved them :) Can you tell?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE reading your family updates! He is getting soo big! More pictures please!

    XoXo
    Cammy
    http://cjsouthernsophisticate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the top picture of you and Carson may be my favorite to date! And the one of him in his little sock-cap is adorable!

    ReplyDelete