Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, October 10, 2011

What's New?

Why is it so hard to not complain when you don't feel well?  I know this is a total girl thing, but I just can't help it! haha Overall I have been feeling ok, but this weekend I had a little big slip up.  James took the day off on Friday so he could get a few things done around here.  It was super nice having him home all day :) While crossing off lots of things on the ol' "honey-do" list we decided it would be a perfect time to go get flu shots.  It felt about like any other shot and I didn't really think much about it.  That is, until I woke up Saturday morning feeling like death.  I'm convinced I had the side effects of the shot: NAUSEA, low fever, feeling like your dying, can't even stand to take a shower, just want to lay on the couch, and sleep, lots of sleep.  My Zofran failed me...haha I guess that only helps in the "morning sickness" department. Ugh. So, very, very glad that happened on a weekend when James was here to take care of the little man, and me for that matter!  Anyways, by lunch time Sunday I was feeling much more like my pregnant woozie self :) Thank goodness. 

Anyway, In an effort to stop complaining about feeling bad I'll fill you in on what's new at the Harper house!  Two weekends ago my parents came down to visit for a long weekend :)  We did lots of hanging out, watching football, and playing with Carson.  He took them to his favorite park, and we took him to the Pumpkin Patch for the first time!  If you asked Carson what his favorite part was (and he could tell you) he would probably say the sand.  There were a couple playground and random spots that had sand.

He loved it.  Maybe we should be taking another beach vacay before baby number two arrives? Yea, sounds good.
Carson also loved the open space.  There were so many places to run and explore!  Granny and Pops loved showing him all the different types of pumpkins too!


Pops liked the HUGE, fifty dollar, pumpkins.
Granny loved the grey ones, and the bumpy ones!
We loved that they had pumpkins still in the "patch" that you could pick yourself.  So fun!  We did not buy this big pumpkin but we did use it for a super cute family pic!
 
Pumpkins, Pumpkins, everywhere!

Love this guy. 
Carson is going on 17 months old.  Geez that is hard to believe!  Best way to describe him is that he is his Daddy made over.  Right now he is working the smile.  He knows when to flash it, and just how big he needs to make it.  Yes, James has used this trick his whole life.  Ask anyone.  He is quite the ham too.  He has his own little personality and he wants to share it with EVERYONE.  Gotta love that, again, just like his daddy :)

 One of my favorite things Carson is doing right now is hooting.  Yes, sounds weird I know! haha I have a couple owls in the house and when you point to them, or ask him what an owl says he makes the sweetest little hooting sound.  Today, at Target he started hooting for no reason. I didn't prompt him, and we didn't see an owl.  Hilarious.  He did it for literally five minutes!

How cute is he? Love it!  I apologize for the sideways video.  This is the first one I have taken on this phone, to upload. :)

I hope everyone is enjoying fall! It's been so nice around here lately!  All of our fall flowers are blooming and looking so pretty. 


Lovin' our pumpkins and gourds :)
  Right before my parents came to visit James and I bought a new kitchen table! We've been needing to for quite some time but just haven't found the right thing for our space.  Thanks to a very generous gift from the Harper's we were able to purchase this bad boy :) We love that it came with a cute two seater chair, and that it can seat up to 8 when the nifty little butterfly leaf opens up :)


1 comment:

  1. Love that you're back to blogging, love that you have a little pumpkin inside of you, love the pumpkin patch pictures, love the new table. Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete