Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, September 25, 2009

We're FINALLY Pregnant!!


As most of you know James and I have been trying to get pregnant since September of 2008. I had lots of issues throughout the process...no periods...then had to have my periods induced...then I wasn't ovulating...next came the hormone drugs, but 3 months went by and I still wasn't pregnant! We decided to give the artificial insemination a whirl. We tried it once, and then tried it again for a second time on September 6th, 2009 (almost exactly one year since we started trying) And on that very special day James produced a superb sperm sample and I had developed two huge eggs that were ready to ovulate. The stars were finally all aligned! On September 20th I should have been feeling the begining signs of my period but I wasn't. I was feeling something different....I couldn't quite put my finger on it. By the afternoon I was convinced that I wasn't about to start so James and I went out and bought a pregnancy test. I was going to wait until the following morning to take it but my lack of patience got the best of me. We were getting ready to leave the house to go see a movie and I decided I couldn't sit through the whole movie wondering so I did the test. The first line came up quickly and I immediatley had tears in my eyes...another negative test. But, then to my surprise I began to see another little line....or was this my eyes playing tricks on me? I ran downstairs to get a second opinion. James said it looked like a positive to him! We were shocked and excited, but not convinced. The line was so faint we just weren't sure. James says, "Just call the doctor tomorrow morning and go in and have them do a test." And I reply with, "Are you kidding me? I cant wait until tomorrow morning!" So, we head off to the movie....I sat there for two hours wondering what was going on inside of me. After the movie I insisted that we stop at the drug store and buy another test. Ten dollars and a fool proof digital pregnancy test later we were reading the words PREGNANT! We are absolutly thrilled and can't wait to meet our lil' Harper. Right now the approximate due date is June 1, 2010.

4 comments:

  1. We're so happy for you two! We look forward to following your blog/journey to parenthood!
    ~Michelle & Josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! I am SO excited for you guys! I can't wait to be an "Aunt"!! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! I'm so happy for you both. I look forward to reading more about your 9 month journey and so happy to have someone who can relate ;) You and James will be wonderful parents!!

    ReplyDelete