Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, September 26, 2009

What is Going on Inside of Me?

I have actually been feeling pretty good! I've had my moments of lower stomach pain, and just not feeling quite like myself. If you ask James he'll tell you I've been a little overly emotional from time to time. hahaha And of course I've been super tired. This school year I am working from 6 in the morning until 12:30 in the afternoon. Because I'm getting up a 4:30 every morning I'm tired anyways, but being pregnant is making me exhausted! Luckily I have had plenty of time to take a little nap every afternoon :)

After going to the prenatal class and reading my book I've learned a lot about baby Harper. After just four weeks the embryo has developed most of it's major organ systems. As month one ends the baby has a heart beat, the beginings of lungs, the gastrointestinal system, and the liver are deveolping. The foundation of the baby's nervous system and parts of the brain are continuing to grow. The first layer of skin has appeared along with some facial features. Baby Harper is starting to grow little arm and leg buds, along with the beginings of hands and feet. This all is so amazing considering he/she is about the size of a raisin. Wow... this is going to be such an exciting journey!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you've been offered a pre-natal class. We don't have that here. We do however have the option of taking a pre-natal fit class at the Healthpark. But since it isn't too popular, they only offer it at certain times. Hopefully I can persuade them to start it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh really... I just figured that everyone had to go to a prenatal class! My doctors office actually offers the class for free because they want everyone to attend :) The perks of living in a big city I guess... Really though...you can buy a good book that will pretty much tell you everything you need to know :)

    ReplyDelete