Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Changes...They are a comin'

Our little man is changing. Everyday he seems to to be doing something new! When we were at the doctor last week he went over all of the changes I could be seeing before his 9 month check-up. Waving, crawling, maybe saying mama or dada, pulling up, teeth, and maybe even finger foods! Oh how things will change when Carson is mobile. I have to admit, that scares the heck out of me!

We've been trying to get Carson to say mama and dada for a while of course. He LOVES it when we say it. He always grins, which of course just melts my heart! It's like he wants to say it but just can figure out how. He's been doing LOTS of squealing when he gets excited, and in the last couple days I've noticed him making some other new sounds like he's trying to put together some words or something! But, my favorite right now is the fake cough. Cracks me up. He's figured out that if he coughs we stop what we are doing and look at him (to make sure he's ok, and not choking of course) and when he sees us watching him he smiles. It's funny that at such a young age he already knows how to pull our strings. Yikes!

One of my favorite things to do with Carson right now is feed him! I love to watch him eat his fruits and veggies. When I put him in his high chair you can see the excitement in his eyes as if he's saying, "Yay! Time to eat!" Then, the excitement builds as the bib goes on. Once the bib is on he usually looks, to the right, at the counter where his bowl of food sits until we get situated. It's like he's trying to figure out what he's about to eat. Then it's finally time to eat :) I love the face he makes when he takes that first bite. You can see him thinking...trying to determine what he's eating and if he likes it. What a priceless face.

As far as playtime goes Carson is still loving his Exersaucer, he's got it totally figured out. He also still loves the crinkly paper, and anything that can fit into his mouth. Heck, he even likes the things that wont fit! haha He's got a big ball thing that spins and sings the alphabet; it's about the size of a cantaloupe but he still tries to get it in his mouth! So funny! Do you see why I'm nervous about a mobile Carson? There is NO telling what all he will find to put in his mouth! Carson also loves books. I read him a new one last night night, "Peek-a-Boo, I Love You". It has flaps that lift up... Oh man he loved those. He was amazed that a book could do such crazy things! haha

And yes, Carson is still sucking his two fingers :)

2 comments:

  1. This post made me smile. What a sweet boy. And I LOVE that little sweater! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I mentioned how much I love your blog? :) Carson's hat in the last photo makes me smile. Love it!

    ReplyDelete