Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, December 3, 2010

Long and Lean

Yes, those two words describe our little Carson quite well. Actually, I should say long and lean, cute, smiley, happy, adorable, best kid ever, blondie, and lovable. Now those words describe Carson! Well, this post isn't about how cute and lovable our little guy is...It's about his 6 month check-up yesterday :) We got, yet another, great report from the doc! Eyes, ears, tummy, heart, lungs, and even his little pee pee were perfect :) He weighs 16lbs 11oz (32%tile) and is 27 1/2in. long (83%tile), and they said his head was 16 3/4in around (16%tile, but normal for his long and leaness). James and I have had some concerns about Carson's head. It appears to be a little flat in the back. Of course the child has spent about 75% of his life so far laying on his back...No wonder. When talking to the doctor about it yesterday he said it was just "mildly" flat and he didn't think it required a helmet, yes, they have those, sad I know. Hearing that a helmet wasn't necessary was good news, but had that been the route we needed to go I feel sure Carson would have "rocked" the helmet quite well :) haha I asked the doctor lots about his eating. As you know he's been eating cereal, fruits, and veggies twice a day, and I was curious as to when he needed to start protein (he suggested around 7 months) and when to feed him food 3 times a day (whenever we want to start). I am NOT looking forward to making homemade meat. The thought of pureeing chicken, pork, and beef makes me what to throw up. Yuck. Hopefully I can tough it out for the little guy :)

At this visit Carson also had to get more shots! Poor, poor guy. He screamed, oh how he screamed. The nurse that gave him the shots is SUPER nice and he loves her. But, after she poked him with two huge needles he was YELLING at her, not just crying, but yelling. I felt sorry for the guy but I have to admit his little 2 minute fit was a little comical considering I've never seen the guy get that mad. I hope I never make him that mad.

On a lighter note...Carson had a blast during his visit (until the shots). If you remember me saying before the kid LOVES the paper that lines the exam table. This time I captured a few pictures of him playing...
I wish we could get a roll of that stuff. haha

In other "development news" Carson is still working on sitting up. We discovered that he can do a pretty good job with the help of his Boppy pillow :) He LOVES being able to sit up and see whats going on (I think he's pretty much seen enough of the ceiling)! I took a little video of him playing this morning. He's playing with is little puppy and he is just dying to eat it. Funny.

2 comments:

  1. OMG...the pictures of Carson wrapped up in exam room table paper are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!!! Nolan has always been tall and fat in the 80% for both :) However, at his 15 month appointment a few days ago it seems as though he is slowing down. Dr. said it was a good thing bc if he kept growning at that pace he would be a giant! :)

    ReplyDelete