Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Rapid Fire...

After a fabulous Mother's Day weekend, a long vacation, a few days of unpacking, and spending every free minute trying to make a photo book from our trip, I'm officially back. It's amazing how long it takes to prep and unpack a family from vacation! I feel like for the last three weeks I've been engulfed in "vacation". That week in the middle was quite nice I must say :)

I haven't sat down to blog since my 11 month update, and we are already quickly approaching 12 months! I have lots of things to blog about so I'm going to try to just give you a "rapid fire" update on what's been going on with Harper..Party of Three over the last three weeks! I'll separate it into short blog post as to not overwhelm. haha

I'll start with my first Mother's Day...AMAZING! I got to spend the whole weekend just relaxing with my boys. Most of you already know this...but in case you don't, a few days before we left for Florida James broke his fibula (the small bone in your leg). He did it playing in a church league softball game. And no, he wasn't doing anything cool like sliding into home for the game winning run. He was just fielding a ground ball. Poor guy.

This was his foot on Mother's Day...As the days passed it got more colorful and more swollen...So I spent those first few days handing out lots of TLC to the hubs. I told him I should be due for a spectacular Mother's day gift...haha He didn't disappoint. I have been going on, and on, and on about wanting a SLR camera ever since Carson was born. I told James I was going to start saving up for it (which would have taken quite a long time since I am currently not bring in any $$). He finally caved and bought me my camera :)
Yes, I know... It's beautiful! haha I know it sounds ridiculous but words can't describe how excited I am about it. James said he could just see me, "beaming" while I was taking it out of the box. What better time to get it than right before our trip! Woo Hoo I still haven't quite figured it all out but I did get lots of great pictures from the beach. Do you want a sneak peek (most of you have probably seen them on Facebook, but if you haven't this sneak peek is for you)

Now, that is beautiful :) I love that kid. More on the trip later...Back to Mother's Day! Carson surprised me with an ice cream cake from DQ! It's been forever since I've had one of those and I seem to have forgotten just how yummy they are :)

Carson and I before church :)

My 1st Mother's Day was perfect :) And I look forward to many more with my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment