Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, July 11, 2011

This weekend at the Harper house...

We had visitors :) Holli, Stacey, and little Cooper made the drive from Bowling Green to hang out for the weekend! It was Cooper's first big road trip and he did a great job with the traveling, and adjusting to his now mixed up schedule! They got here Friday afternoon, we spent a few hours hanging out while the boys slept, then let Carson play outside for a while. I cooked a yummy dinner and then we sat out by the fire and made smores! So fun :) I hardly ever get to see these girls (& Cooper), and when I do its usually only for a couple hours. It was so nice to really get to spend time with them this weekend! I know Carson enjoyed the company as well. He was quite the show off. Friday, while we were waiting for them to arrive he was kicking his ball around the house. I was following him saying "kick" and after saying it about 50 times he finally said it, several times! Yay! Future soccer player? I'm chalking this one up as his first official word :) Of course he hasn't said it since.

While we were outside playing I was telling the girls about it, and saying that I feel like he should be saying more, when he blurts out, "tree". So cute! But, like "kick" he only said it once. I don't think he can figure out how to say it again. Although, if you say "tree" he immediately points at them, whether we're inside or out.

Saturday we sent James to the golf course with a friend and we took the boys shopping at the outlet mall! They were SO good :) We didn't hear a cry ALL day! They must like hanging out together....




Yeah, they are quite the little duo!

Saturday afternoon Stacey and Carson were having a little romp session in the living room, and she got him to spit out another word, "Ah, Boo!" She was saying it, trying to scare him and he started saying it back. He said it a couple times...So adorable :) I love seeing Carson interacting with my friends...Just makes me smile! Carson didn't just wear out Stacey while she was here. Holli got her turn too, at the outlet mall. I'm pretty sure she worked up a sweat chasing him around that place, squeaker shoes and all. Saturday night we treated the girls to a tasty PF Chang's dinner followed by a couple (much needed...yeah right) slices of cheesecake, from the Cheesecake Factory. The girls & Cooper left early Sunday morning and we miss them already!

James, Carson, and I enjoyed a lazy day on Sunday....Just hanging out :) What a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment