Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, August 5, 2010

House Hunters

The last four days have been nothing short of crazy! Well, the four days before those were crazy as well considering our whole family has been passing around a stomach virus! Seems like everyone we know has gotten it! I could write a whole post about "the bug" but after the last few days I've had that's a thing of the past.... we've moved on!

We have been in St. Louis since Sunday night, so tonight will be our 5th night at the Drury Inn, and its becoming just that..."drury". Luckily, Mom and Dad came up Monday to help Carson and I on or house hunting adventures while James was at work. And, let me just say right now...Seeing about 20 houses in 2 days, with a baby, in 100+ degree weather, would have been nearly impossible without their help! So thank you, thank you, thank you :) and, one more thank you for keeping Chloe for the next couple weeks while we try to get situated. James and I have seen so many properties that were thinking about houses ALL day...its utterly exhausting, but equally exciting! During our search we have found a few places that would accommodate Harper, Party of Three-and someday Four, a lot easier than the little 1,086 sq. ft. townhouse in Minneapolis! Now, if we can just decide on a place...sell our townhouse...and get moved in as soon as possible, life might be able to get back to normal. I love the show on HGTV, House Hunters. I only wish hunting for a house was as "glamorous" as they make it look! We've been living out of bags now for so many days I can't even keep count!

It's really hard to take care of a 2 month old in a hotel room, if you've ever done it you'll agree! It's totally a pain to wash bottles in a little hotel sink, and I'm tired of changing diapers on our makeshift changing table (a blanket and changing mat on the hotel room desk). I know Carson must be getting tired of sleeping in his pack & play and I know that James and I are tired of both having to get up during feedings, considering it's not really possible to allow the other to sleep when were all of top of each other in this little room. I'm also pretty sure Carson misses his swing which, although it's a "take and go" model, was still to big and awkward to fit in the car with all of our other crap. He will also be incredibly happy to see his Big Red mobile when we get home, but probably not nearly as happy as Mommy and Daddy are going to be to get back to our big comfy bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment