Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A series of unfortunate events...

In the past two days Carson and Mommy have experienced a series of unfortunate events, well just two "events" so were hoping it was just a 2 game series! haha What happened that deserved its very own blog post? A dead battery and a stubborn car seat...let me explain.

On Monday Carson and I planned on taking an afternoon trip to TJ Maxx (where we were doing our window shopping from my previous post) to get out of the house for a little bit, and look for some pillow shams for my mom. Carson started to get fussy and a little hungry so we left in a hurry. We got out to the car, and let me add that it was about 93 degrees, and it wouldn't start. Turns out the battery is dead. I kind of started to panic considering it was entirely too hot for Carson to be out in the heat. I called James in a hurry and being the wonderful hubby and daddy he is he came running! haha I took Carson to the bookstore next door and gave him a bottle (Thank goodness I brought one with me!) and we waited for James. When he got there he said, "This is what you get for going shopping!" haha He jumped my car and we were off! We went straight home and once I turned the car off I hear a clicking under the hood then called James back...turns out, the battery was dead again. So the battery is completely shot.
Now, in the meantime we have a showing on our house Monday night from 5:45-6:45. So, once James gets home he flies in, changes clothes, puts the car seat in his car, and we head out to our favorite Mexican place one last time before we leave. After dinner James went and bought me a new battery :) So now, I'm ready for more shopping!

Yesterday (Tuesday) morning while I was laying around playing with Carson I got a phone call from our realty group about scheduling two showings! Yay! One was from 2:15-3:15, and the other was from 6-7 last night. Carson and I had plans to go to IKEA one more time during the afternoon showing. At about 1:30 or so James calls to tell me that he just noticed the car seat was still in his car. FABULOUS! Instead of instantly panicking I tell him that I'll just get our other car seat (for when Carson gets bigger) and put that in my car. So, I take it out to the car and attempt at putting it in... Who knew putting in a car seat was so dang hard? Apparently there is a belt that has hooks that connect to some hook thingys that are WAYYY up under the seat. Well, my problems arose when the belt wouldn't reach from one hook to the other, and then when I couldn't get the dang things on the hooks. I can't really explain my frustration via words in a blog post but let me just say there was some sweating, screaming, and tears involved. Glad Carson was sitting happy inside playing with some toys instead of seeing a "Mommy Meltdown". I called James in a panic now, wondering how in the heck I was going to get out of the house for the showing without having a car seat! I ended up getting the thing rigged up kinda of tight so he wouldn't slide around in the car and drove to James' office so he could put the other one back in my car. I'm convinced we have a faulty car seat, but of course Daddy says he can get it in... we'll see. I'll let you know when, and if, he does. Yes, once we got the car seat in we headed to IKEA....It made both of us feel better :)

Just a funny picture of Carson I wanted to share. We took this at the hotel in St. Louis :) Pops was the prop stylist! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment