Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Welcome to Missouri

On Monday James, Carson, and I made the big 8-9 hour drive to St. Louis! It was bittersweet leaving Minneapolis, we truly LOVED the city and LOVED the people we met there! Carson and I drove in my car, following James in his. Carson was actually really good for Mommy! He did lots of sleeping and I did lots of singing. Thank goodness nobody else was in there to hear.... Ask James, it isn't pretty!

Tuesday morning was our home inspection for the new place! Everything checked out just perfect! Whew, what a relief! I took several measurements so I can do lots of shopping while in Owensboro (Shh, don't tell James! haha) Carson started getting tired and bored of the big empty house so we decided to head on to Owensboro and leave James with the inspector. I got Carson in the car, happy and ready for the 4 hour drive to Owensboro. I pulled off our street, was in the car for all of about 3 minutes and I see some very colorful blue and red lights in my rear view mirror....Yes, you guessed it. I'm getting pulled over. Lovely. I figured I was speeding considering I had absolutely NO idea what the speed limit was. Well, the O so friendly police officer didn't fail to let me know I was going 50 in a 35. I was driving down a 4 lane road, I guess I just assumed the speed limit was 45. However, you know what they say about "assuming". Well, I'm sure you are thinking that when I explained I was about to move there from Minnesota, and that I was not familiar with the area yet that the friendly police officer would give me a warning and send me on my way. Of course not. Not only did he give me a ticket but told me I could go to court on Oct. 5th and "plead my case" and they'd probably reduce the ticket. What a nice guy. After he gives me the little pink slip and tells me I'm "free to go" (like I was arrested or something) I read over the ticket to check out the amount of the fine. It was a whopping $320! WHAT?!?! Why so much you ask? Well, not only was I driving 15 mph over the speed limit but I was doing so in a double fine zone. Nice. Thanks for sharing that with me officer Larkin. Welcome to Missouri.

For all of our future visitors: Don't speed on Birdie Hills Drive. It's a speed trap and it will cost you.

1 comment:

  1. First, I can't belive the police officer gave you a ticket! Second, that price is just ridiculous! So so sorry!

    ReplyDelete