Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ahh, The Joys of Renovating...

So when I posted, or should I say bragged, about my $37 tub on Monday I totally jinxed it. Let me explain...Tuesday morning the plumbers came in to move a few pipes to make our shower stall/tub conversion work. While here of course there was something that was going to have to be moved that wasn't planned on....I don't really understand the details all I know is that is cost us an extra $240. Nice. The guys were here most of the day doing their work. Around 2ish they brought in the new tub! I was SOO excited to actually see it in the space so I quickly grabbed a pic while they were outside...

Nice right? Yeah, that's what I thought! Well, about an hour later they inform me that there is a huge crack in the side of it. Now we all know why the dang thing was $37. Thanks Lowe's we appreciate the heads up. So, long story short our contractor tried to find another one at a Lowe's in our area and later found out that every Lowe's in the St. Louis area that had this tub is was cracked. Go figure. The contractor, being the nice guy that he is, managed to squeeze about $60 out of Lowe's for the tub :) Sooo Tuesday afternoon Carson and I set out to find another tub...A trip to Home Depot, and 213 more dollars later we found the perfect tub for our smiling, clapping baby to take a bath in! No worries this go around... I made them check twice for cracks :)

The whole tub debacle set us back just a wee little bit, so yesterday (Wednesday) the newest tub went in and the backer board all went up!

Today our contractor is in the bathroom, singing may I add, working on our tile :) I am most excited about this part of the whole project :)

In the mean time we'll just sit around and listen to the banging. It's really, really loud. Someone sure doesn't seem to mind...

You know you have the perfect baby when jigsawing, hammering, and nail gun shooting doesn't even wake him :) Have I told you lately how much I love this baby?

No comments:

Post a Comment