Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Toothless Wonder


I just realized that it's been quite a while since I have given you an update on whats new with Carson! James and I still can't believe how fast he is growing up! The whole "My how the time flies" thing is totally true. Carson is a measly 9 days shy of being 8 months old. Seems hard to believe doesn't it? He is the sweetest little thing :) Even though he doesn't like to be cuddled like he used to he continues to find new ways to show his affection. His smile of course being number one!

As I'm sure you can tell, my kiddo is still toothless. I'm pretty sure back in December I was rambling on about him getting a tooth any day, and then I remember telling our families that by the new year he'd definitely have one. None, Notta, Zilch. However, when he does, we feel sure he will be showing them off!

At the first of the year Carson mastered the art of clapping. And he is still clapping quite often! haha We also taught him to raise his arms up when we say, "Touchdown" but now we can't hardly get him to to it anymore. Right now we are working on waving. He is intrigued when we do it so I know he's trying to figure it out. As far as words go he's doing lots of babbling mixed with a little "Da-Da" here and there :) It's precious! We've also been trying to work on the standing up. He still hasn't really figured out that if he lets go of something, he'll fall!

If you asked me what Carson's favorite thing to do is I'd probably have to say, Eat! You wouldn't really know it by his long and lean physic but the boy LOVES his food! It seems that as soon as I build up my baby food stash he gobbles it all up! Right now he's eating peas, carrots, green beans, squash, zucchini, sweet potatoes, cucumbers, apples, pears, mangoes, peaches, bananas, and plums. He's still eating the rice or oatmeal cereal everyday (mixed with fruit) for breakfast, and last week we introduced him to the little puffs that melt-away. We were surprised to see that when we poured them on his tray he was able to pick them right up with his fingers and put them in his mouth! If the little guy would grow some teeth he'd be able to start trying some finger foods! Last week we also gave him his first teething biscuit...which he LOVED! He chewed/ate that thing for at least 20 minutes, and was a complete MESS! haha

Carson is sleeping great right now too! He's been going to bed around 8:15ish and waking up at about 5am for a diaper change and a bottle, then he'll usually go back to sleep for another hour or two :) Yes, he is a mother's dream!

This weekend the three of us are heading to Owensboro for a quick visit, and for Holli's baby shower! Then, next weekend James' parents are coming up :) We are looking forward to the next couple of weeks with family and friends!!!

We are having such a blast with Carson and everyday I imagine how much fun lies ahead!

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty smile! My girl was toothless until 11 months! They say the longer they wait to come in, the better their teeth are?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Yeah, I've heard that too! James was late getting his teeth so maybe he's getting that from his daddy!

    ReplyDelete