Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, January 31, 2011

Storm Mode...

Our local news station gets into what they call, "Storm Mode" when severe weather is in the forecast. They crack me up with all of their "hype" about the weather when they get into this "mode". They are covering the storms "every hour, on the hour", and they are so proud of themselves for bringing us the weather. haha Well, I'm pretty sure the "storm mode" has rubbed off on the entire St. Louis area! We are bracing ourselves for our heaviest ice/snow storm of the year! We are going to be getting anywhere from a 1/2 inch to an inch of ice, and then 8-12 inches of snow on top of that. Pretty much when looking at the radar the whole map is either white or pink. The "Storm Mode" crew says that it only takes a 1/2 inch of ice to bring down tree limbs and power lines, so there is a good chance we'll loose power tomorrow.

Last night James and I made sure we were ready and prepared to be stuck at the house for a few days, power or no power. Luckily we have a gas fireplace which still works when the power is out (which we discovered after a test-run last night). Now we know we can at least keep one room of our house warm! We made a quick run out last night for D batteries and ice melt (which of course was already sold out everywhere). We have all of the food staples, milk, diet cokes, water, beer, bread, and peanut butter, along with tons of other ready-foods! Carson is stocked up on formula, baby food, diapers and wipes! I made a quick run out this morning to return a movie and pick up a couple more, in case we are stuck here for a couple days (and still have power). On my way home the freezing rain started, about 5 minutes later I pulled in the garage and my car was already completely covered in ice. Whoa...this storm is no joke! Our driveway already has a thin layer of ice along with our back deck.

So I have to confess... I'm secretly hoping it gets really bad tonight and James is snowed/iced in with Carson and I tomorrow! I don't hope for a power outage of course but I'd love a good day at home with both of my boys :) There is a good chance things will get quite interesting around here in the next couple of days! I'm just hoping that tomorrow night we're not having to sleep on an air mattress in the living room beside Carson's crib. Now wouldn't that make for a funny picture, and a great family memory :) haha Wish as luck as we sink into our own little version of "Storm Mode" we'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment