Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, January 28, 2011

Eight for Eight

You already know what I'm about to say..."I can't believe Carson is already 8 months old!" I've said that for the last 8 months, I know, and I'm sorry! But really... I can't believe he's 8 months old! haha It's crazy :) In honor of the 8 month birthday I'm going to share 8 things that are going on with the little guy :)

1: At 8 months old Carson still has no teeth. He's got two pretty big, bump like, things on his bottom gum that look to be where his first two will come in. When they will come, I have no clue. I will say he's been a little fussy and extra snugly in the last 2-3 days so maybe they'll be here soon (Yes, I realize we've been saying that since Thanksgiving. I just figure that eventually when I say it I'll be right! haha)

2: Carson has a head full of beautiful blonde hair! It's growing in so evenly and it's just perfect :) Although, I will say we've still been battling the dry scalp thing. He had a little of the cradle cap for a while but it looks like after using some Selsun Blue that has cleared up and now it's just dry. I can't figure out what to do for it....If you have any ideas feel free to shoot em' my way :)

3: We are still not crawling. Well, James and I can, but Carson can not. haha I will say though that two days ago he made a little progress. While laying on his tummy he was stretching out, trying to reach the computer during a Skype session with Granny, and he pulled one of his knees up toward his chest. Woo Hoo!

4: The 8 month photo shoot did not goes as well as the previous 7. Why? Well, it only took Carson 8 months to realize I was putting a sticker on his shirt. And this month, he couldn't quit looking at it, and grabbing it. It was precious, but it didn't make for good pictures...



I had to whip out something new to get his mind off of the sticker, Carson...Meet your rocking chair! Carson got his chair from Mimi Harper (James' grandmother) at one of our showers last spring! He LOVED sitting in it and I'm pretty sure he was feeling "Large, and in charge", which of course he is.


5: Carson's sleeping patterns seem to change every week or so. He's still sleeping good but every once in a while he'll wake up during the night. I'm so used to waking up during the night, and early in the mornings I honestly don't know what I'd do if I didn't have to. Oh, yeah I do, I'd be up anyways. haha In the last month or two Carson has had some little episodes I call nightmares. I know it sounds silly, because what could scare an 8 month old in a dream? Not getting a bottle, or having a stinky diaper that nobody is changing? But "nightmare" is the best way we can describe it. It ALWAYS happens exactly one hour after he falls asleep (which makes sense because its probably when he enters that really deep sleep). He'll just start screaming crying. It's not a hungry cry, or a cry we are used to hearing. We can never decide if its a scared cry, or a hurting cry (neither of which we hear very often). It usually takes a good 5 minutes of crying before he can even get calmed down enough to open his eyes (poor little guy). We usually end up getting him calmed down 10 minutes or so later, and sometimes use a little Ora-gel or Tylenol. Once he calms down he falls right back asleep. It's so bizarre. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

6: Long and Lean...Yes, you can still use those two words to describe Carson! Last time we weighed him we think he was pretty close to 20 lbs, and right now he is probably roughly 31 inches long. I say 31 because that's how long his changing table pad is and he's just about too big for it.

7: We have recently entered phase one of "into everything". What is phase one? Well the beginning of phase one was when I saw a little light bulb go off over Carson's head that said, "Hey, I want that, and I can grab that." Now, if he can reach it he'll grab it. And if he can't reach it, he'll stretch all of the way out and try again. And if he still doesn't get it, he waits...Until you've let your guard down, or until you move just a little bit closer, then he grabs it. I learned all about phase one a couple weeks ago at Texas Roadhouse when Carson knocked a full glass of water into my lap. However, it is SO cute to watch him explore all of the things around him. Right now the one thing he is just dying to get a hold of is the remote, and my wallet. When we are out running errands and I pull it out he just has a fit to get it. Maybe he wants to chew on it or maybe he's trying to keep me from spending money, oh wow, he really is James' child. haha

8: And last but not least Carson is perfect :) He's happy, he loves to play, read books, eat, and sleep all cuddled up with his blanket. As a mater of fact, yesterday we fell asleep together on the floor watching a little Baby Einsteins :) I love this kid :)

No comments:

Post a Comment