Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Crib Sheets- 2, Mommy- 1

Ok Mommies.... I need your help! Since Saturday night Carson has "peed out" of his diaper three times. There is nothing worse than going to get him out of bed and noticing that he's been laying in a big pee spot for the last, who knows how many hours. Of course we know removing, washing, and putting on crib sheets is NOT my favorite thing to do. As we all remember from my previous post Crib Sheets: 1, Mommy: 0. A few weeks ago Carson moved out of the Swaddler/Little Snugglers and into the Cruisers (size 3). We of course have been making sure he goes to bed with a clean, fresh diaper but somehow he still manages to "pee out". I'm sure that boys have this problem more than girls...that makes sense. But come on, we shouldn't have this problem every night. James said this morning that maybe he's getting "hard" (Yes, that's exactly what he said...haha) and when it stands up it's just shooting out the top, which is quite possible.

Yesterday when putting the clean sheets on the bed I had, what Oprah likes to call, an "Ah ha" moment. I decided that if I put the sheet protector under Carson rear it would soak up any leaking and then I could just take that off and wash it, point to Mommy. Thinking I was quite brilliant I shared my "plan" with James, telling him to make sure he got the bum positioned on top of the sheet protector. Well, this morning when I went in to get Carson out of bed there it was...A big wet circle, right in the center of the sheet protector. I kind of did a little victory dance as I scooped up Carson :) But as I was celebrating I untied the sheet protector only to realize that...wait for it... Yeah, the sheets were wet too, the point goes to the crib sheets.

So Mommies, I ask you...What do I do? Change diapers? Buy stock in Gain, or just get used to it?

7 comments:

  1. have you been using overnight diapers? they hold more. also... make sure that when you do the night diaper that you pull it up high around his waist in the back and front and secure tightly.
    We had this issue with Jacob... overnight seems to help some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've done a couple things to help prevent the overnight leakies. I would recommend either going up a size in diapers for overnight and/or try the overnight diapers. We also learned pretty early on to make sure things are pointing "south" when diapering for the night. That helped us quite a bit with Griff as he could miraculously pee out of the top of diapers like a champ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you.... My washing machine will appreciate your tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashely,

    Totally agree with the other comments. Make sure "it" is pointed down and use Pampers night time diapers. Huggies overnights are good too (I know a lot of moms say they like Huggies overnight better than Pampers night time diapers). We have had to use night time diapers for about 6 or 7 months now. He will still pee out of them occasionally, but not every night.

    Rachel Rainer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nolan did this when he moved to size three...kinda funny. We tried everything! So here is the low down. Point that weenie DOWN! Make sure the diaper is tight around his waist. I also read that I shouldn't give him a full bottle RIGHT before bed as i was doing. Give it to him about an hour before so that he can release peepee :) Another thing. Nolan could not wear Pampers past size two. He always leaked out. Once we switched to Huggies little movers the problem got much better. Over night diapers are good, but kinda expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ALL for your tips and advice! This is exactly why I'm glad I have this blog :) I have bought a pack of the Huggies Overnights, yes Erin...They are expensive! I am going to try that for now, and then once we run out of this monster box of Pampers (size 3) we're going to give the Little Movers a try!

    Thanks again you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ashley,

    I meant to tell you this. Once Canon got to size 3 diapers we switched from Pampers (during the day) to Target diapers (during the day). Target diapers are cheaper. I hated Target diapers before size 3, but now that is all I use during the day.

    Rachel Rainer

    ReplyDelete