Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

10 Months

Sunday our little guy turned 10 months old :) He still continues to make us smile each and everyday, hour, and minute! It still amazes us how much he changes from day to day. Friday at lunch Carson figured out how to "suck" on his sippy cup instead of biting it, and then by the afternoon he was crawling around. Yes....He's finally decided to crawl! I've always heard that crawling comes in all shapes and sizes. James' brother never let his knees touch the ground, he just crawled around with his bum in the air. My grandmother told me that my mom, and her brother and sister all crawled around without ever lifting their tummy off the ground, which must be where Carson gets it from. He can blame his tummy rug burns on his Granny. Carson kind of has the whole "army crawl" thing going on right now :) He looks like a little inch worm making his way around the living room, or the kitchen. Right now he loves to play with any kind of ball, so he is loving being able to chase it around the house.

A re-cap of Carson's 10 month happenings....

Carson LOVES to bang on anything and everything he can get his hands (or feet) on! He's still loving that big yellow bouncy ball, his new 4 wheeler, and his music table (the guy LOVES to dance), but...His favorite thing to do is walk around the house (with a little assistance). He just started using his car/walker that he got for Christmas, he'll walk behind it but is a little reckless so we've got to be ready to catch him when he gets to going too fast! haha We love to watch him walk around the house, however...We don't love to walk him around. It's a killer on the back, and your fingers, considering he has a death grip on them. Let's just hope before too long he wont need our help. I know all of you mom's are thinking, "Don't rush it... You'll miss the days he couldn't move on his own!" I know this is true but, we're ready! Our goal is for him to be walking before our trip to the beach, we leave in 42 days, but who's counting?

Every day Carson gets harder, and harder to photograph. He is still just as smiley as always its just harder to catch. I've got to get a camera with a faster shutter speed. With as many pictures as I take I know it would be a good investment. Can someone convince my husband?
Speaking of the hubs...I'm thinking Carson is going to have his Daddy's people skills. James is quite the people person! He ALWAYS remembers names, and can strike up a conversation with anyone, anywhere, at anytime. When Carson and I are out and about he's always trying to start up a convo with anyone, and everyone. When we are waiting in line somewhere he will be leaning from side to side to look around me so he can smile at the person behind us in line. So stinkin' cute.

I know this picture is a bit blurry but I love the facial expression. I'm pretty sure that everyday Carson adds a new expression to his repertoire. I love those little eyebrows :) Speaking of eyebrows and hair....The boys got tons! James has been saying for the last two months that he needs a hair cut! And, I have to admit...It's a little long around his ears. It's just so cute when it lays on top of his ears, all flipped out and stuff, I just don't know if I can do it!

See what I mean?

Our little guy also loves to be read to, and of course play/eat the books! Reading books with him is such a special, intimate thing... I love it :)
The little man is still putting everything in his mouth! He was a little fussy last night and when James rubbed the top of his gums he started screaming....We're thinking he might be in the very beginning stages of getting his top teeth. While we're talking about teeth I have to tell you that the boy is eating sooooo many new foods! He isn't totally eating "from the table" but he's close! Right now his favorite food is definitely the PB & J! He also loves, peanut butter crackers, vanilla wafers, goldfish, chicken, fruit, fruit, and fruit, crackers, yogurt, and grilled cheese. Of course he's still eating his veggies, and cereal, along with some pasta. It's sooo much easier to feed him foods that we actually eat :) Can't wait until we don't have to mess with baby food. I'm tired of the mess and mashing....

I just love this guy...Skinny arms, smiley face, shiny white teeth and all :) Happy 10 months Carson!

No comments:

Post a Comment