Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

9 Months

I have a 9 month old! Crazy I know :) He is an even bigger "bundle of joy" than I ever imagined. He makes everyday, every minute, and every second special. I honestly can't imagine our lives without Carson in it. Yesterday we went to the doctor for Carson's 9 month well visit. He weighed in at 19 lbs 2 oz (26%tile), and he was 28 1/2 inches tall (56%tile). He is slowing down on his height and becoming more in the "average" range, however I feel he is in no way "average" he is definitely better than the "average" baby. Ok, so maybe I'm partial but I'd bet all my chips that you agree. The doctor said he looked perfect :) Good ears, lungs, heart, etc, etc, etc.
While we were there I asked a whole bunch of questions, like always. haha We talked about the car seat....Apparently the American Association of Pediatrics says kids should not turn forward until 20 lbs AND 1 year. Thanks Evenflo for writing in your directions that at 20 lbs it was safe. Carson has been cruising around for 2 weeks facing forward. I hate it that I'm going to have to now turn him back around....hopefully he does ok, because he sure does LOVE facing forward. I also had lots of questions about food. Carson is really good at eating his puffs so I felt that he might be ready for some finger foods. His doctor pretty much gave him the OK to eat everything. I was pretty excited :) When we got home we celebrated with a new snack... Cheerios! Of course he loved them! Then, for dinner last night he had a little slice of turkey with his sweet potatoes and apples....LOVED it, and I'm pretty sure he felt like a big kid feeding himself. I have a feeling meals are about to get A LOT more messy. Yikes!
We also discussed all of the developmental milestones. Carson seems to be right on track. He is still not crawling, but he is really into the walking. He LOVES to walk while we hold his hands, and just yesterday he seemed to get better at it. He's going a lot faster and is wanting to walk all of the time. This morning he was walking around, and when I sat him on the floor he pitched a little fit. Oh geez....
Right now Carson has two teeth! One has completely broken through and is standing up just the slightest little bit, while the other is still in the process of breaking the skin. We have started introducing the sippy cup. Right now he just loves to play with it, and bite on the bottom...What the heck? haha Every once in a while I will get him to take a few drinks but right now I think he's just in the whole discovery phase. Too cute.

Today I am taking Carson to The Little Gym. I was checking out their website and noticed that they offer a free introductory class. I called last week and got it scheduled for today! We will be with a class of 10 other 8-10 month olds, and their mom's. They work on sensory development along with other developmental skills. I'm really excited to see what it's all about :) If we like it I think it would be a GREAT way to meet some other mom's and have Carson interact with other kids his age! I'll let you know how it goes....
In the mean time I will leave you with my favorite picture from our 9 month photo shoot...
Why do I love this picture? I can't decide if it's the innocent look on his face, the rolls in his legs, his perfect blonde locks, or the string of drool hanging from his chin. The cuteness is killing me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am a friend of Tassie's and have followed your blog off-and-on since you had Carson. (My little guy is a month younger than him, so I like to "compare" or whatever...you know what I mean? or is that weird!? haha...) Anyways, he is ADORABLE!! Such a ham and full of personality! The Little Gym sounds really neat...wish we had something like that here in Benton. Keagan goes to daycare and plays with other kids, but I would love to meet other mommies of kids Keagan's age! Anyways, thought I would reveal myself as a "blog stalker!"

    ReplyDelete