Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Transitions...

It's that time of year. We are all starting to begin the transition from winter to spring! I love spring but I hate the month or so before it. I'm constantly in limbo. I've worn flip flops a few days, which has now made me feel like it's time to pack up the boots and sweaters. Is it time? Probably not considering I'm sitting in front of the fire with a cold nose and cold toes. Ugh. Most of Carson's winter clothes are too small, and I'm soooo ready to put him in some of his cute spring garb. But the spring clothes don't look as cute with a fleece jacket over top of them. Ugh. Some of my plants outside are starting to bud, and turn green, however it's too cold to be out there to enjoy it. It dawned on me the other day that Carson hasn't really gotten a chance to explore the grass. He's sat in it a couple times but now that he's more aware of his surroundings I know he'd really appreciate it. But, our grass is soaking wet so there is no way I can sit his cute little bum (or lack there of) on the soggy grass. Ugh. Ok, enough talk about the weather.

Wishing for a warm and sunny day!

My main man is going through a transitional period as well. He STILL hasn't figured out how to crawl and I think it's starting to frustrate him. He knows that he wants to do it, he just doesn't know how. He lifts his upper body up really well when he's on his tummy but he can't seem to get the bottom half a-movin'. I'm kind of starting to feel like he might walk before he crawls. He love, love, loves to walk. If you stop walking him....He cries. Kind of like when you stop pushing his 4-Wheeler he cries. Ugh. It's hard on our backs....doesn't he get that? haha Carson hasn't started pulling up yet either. Although, he did do it twice at The Little Gym (which we joined, and I will tell you more about soon) the other day.

This is his "please keep pushing me" face. How do you say no?

Right now his favorite things to do are walk, ride his 4 wheeler, and play ball. I bought him a big yellow bouncy ball at Wal-mart the other day, and I'm pretty sure it was the best dollar I've ever spent. He knows how to catch it and throw & roll it back....ADORABLE! My favorite is when he brings it up over his head and throws it, like a little soccer player! I need to get a video of it soon...I'll share when I do :)

Just lookin' cute...

We are also in the process of transitioning Carson from pureed foods to finger foods. We had a little glitch the other day but I'm blaming that on myself. I think I tried to jump too fast from one to the other. So we are going to gradually make his food chunkier :) Right now I think his favorite foods are oyster crackers and yogurt. I'm pretty sure he would eat them all day!


Carson is starting to become harder to photograph. Don't worry... I wont stop taking pictures. I don't think I could if I wanted to! haha He is moving around so much he's hard to catch! Speaking of moving... Carson's latest "movement" is dancing. Anytime I start singing (which sounds oh so bad) he starts swaying from side to side. If he really likes the tune he'll move his head too. Might be the cutest thing I've ever seen. He's also figured out how to shake his head "no". While it's quite precious I'm not sure how excited I am about this milestone.....

I love this picture... Mainly because it makes me think of this...

What a difference a year and a half can make.

I can't end this post without mentioning my best friend Holli! Today she gave birth to a happy, healthy baby boy! Copper Evans Waltrip, 6 lbs 15 oz and 20 inches of pure joy. Holli and Brad had quite the adventure getting Cooper here but all of their time and energy were worth it. He is perfect in every way and I can't wait to get my hands on him next week...


How sweet is he? I kept telling Holli today would be the best day of their lives, and even though she is upside down in this picture, I know her well enough to know this is her "best day of my life" face.

I can't look at this picture without thinking about this...

The best day of our lives :)

No comments:

Post a Comment