Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

One FULL Weekend!


Last Wednesday we loaded up the car and headed to Owensboro. Carson and I were staying for a long weekend but James had to do some traveling for work on Thursday and Friday, which of course was a real bummer. I was anxious to get home and see everyone, especially my dad! He had surgery on Monday to correct his irregular heart beat. It was supposed to be a pretty simple thing, but lucky him, he fell in the 4% that had a complication. The doc accidentally burned a hole in his heart. Yeah, scary right? Before I go any further, he's ok! haha He went back to work yesterday and is feeling much better. After the hole was clotted everything was fine. It just took him a few extra days to get over the added trama of it all. We are SO glad he is ok and back to normal!

On a much lighter note, the extra days in Owensboro also allowed Carson and I time to go visit our favorite Bowling Greenians. Yeah, I'm aware that's not a word...it just seemed to fit. Thursday we spent a few hours visiting Carson new buddy Cooper Waltrip. He is absolutely adorable and Carson can't wait to play with him again! Oh, and we also got to see Holli, Stacey, and Tara :)

During our trip the weather was beautiful which allowed for some good old fun on Pop's Playhouse! In this picture Carson is standing up by himself! This is his latest trick, and when he gets it going it's like his little feet are glued to the ground! So cute :) Everyone seems to think he'll be walking soon....Yikes. Yikes. Did I already say Yikes?


Thank God he survived Pops & James' sliding experiment... Scared me to death.


Another fun part of our trip was getting to see my cousin Justin and meet his fiance Vrinda! They live out in California and aren't in town often. They hadn't gotten to meet Carson yet, and I hadn't met Vrinda! They came out to visit for a while and brought Carson's buddy Miles...What a crew :) Saturday night my mom and aunt hosted a shower for them so we got to see the rest of the Fiorella crew too!!
When we got back to St. Louie on Sunday James and I made use of the pretty day by doing a little bit of yard work, and taking our pup and baby for two walks through the neighborhood.


Playing in the yard :)

On another house related note, Friday we are getting rid of our white landscaping rock! Woo Hoo :) I am quite excited, and proud of myself. I haven't really been a fan of the white rock since day one. I've been wanting to replace it with dark brown mulch for a while! We were going to pay someone to come dig it out of the landscaping, and haul it off. It was probably going to cost us a couple hundred dollars...boo. This weekend I posted an add on Craigslist...The rock was free if you'd come scoop and haul it. Believe it or not I got about 15 e-mails from people wanting it! I spoke to a guy today that will be coming Friday to get it. I'm SO pumped! Buh bye white rock :)



No comments:

Post a Comment