Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Grant's Farm

I just realized that I never told you about our trip to Grant's Farm last weekend! Grant's Farm is here in St. Louis, and is owned by the Busch's, that would be an in the beer. haha They keep the famous Clydesdales there, along with MANY other animals! It's like a mini zoo :) When we got there we rode over to the farm on a tram. On the way we saw all kinds of crazy animals: deer, longhorns, ostriches, yaks, bison, antelope, buffalo, geese, and koi. Our favorite was the longhorn! Of course because it always reminds us of the little man, and his finger sucking habit. haha The longhorns were funny too because at one point they were blocking the road, and our tram driver honked, and honked but they wouldn't move. Turns out two of them got their horns all twisted together! haha They finally managed to move as a "unit" out of our way!

A mini history lesson: The farm was originally owned by Ulysses S. Grant, and was later bought by his good friend Adolphus Busch, who later married into the Anheuser family, creating Anheuser Busch. The Busch family preserved the old cabin on the property and then built themselves a monster of a house in the center of the farm. It hides behind lots of trees but from our tram ride you can get a sneak peek...

Yeah, they are doing pretty well.

I wont bore you with picture, after picture of the animals but I must show you the biggest longhorn we've ever seen! This guy was HUGE, no wonder he got all tied up with his buddy.

I love these boys! (That would be James and Carson, not the cows)

When we got off the tram we walked right into the petting zoo area! There were several different types of animals to pet and feed. First was the baby goats. They were in a huge pin. You could actually pick up a bottle of milk, and go inside the pin and find one to feed. We didn't think Carson was quite big enough for all of that. He is done with the bottle and all but I wouldn't put it past him to tip up the bottle of goat milk and take a big swig. haha Oh gosh, that would be gross! So, needless to say we stayed outside the pin and let Carson pet the goats from there. He picked a sweet little goat, he was snoozing. Carson pet him so gently (very unlike how he pets Chloe...what the heck?), he didn't even wake him up!


Me and my little man :)


I'd have to say, my favorite animal was the elephant! I don't know that I've ever really seen one up close. Those things are HUGE, and really quite amazing.


I'm just glad Carson wasn't old enough to say, "Mommy, what is that big grey thing hanging down from his belly?" haha Lucky for me, those questions will be redirected to Daddy :)

Yes, the cuteness is killing me too!

My favorite part of the day was riding the carousel with Carson! It was his first time and he LOVED it. He loved the lights, and going up and down! I can't wait to take him again :)


The only bummer of the day was that we didn't get to see the Clydesdales! Well, we did see one but we didn't get to go visit the stables. Carson was getting close to being "done", if your a Mommy you know what I mean. And, to be honest, Daddy was "done" too! haha Next time we'll be sure to visit the stables first, instead of last :) Here's the only picture I got of a horse but, o well :) This place was so cool, there will be a next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment