Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A little home-maker

I feel like it's quite the cliche to be a stay at home Mom, sew during the afternoon, and then cook dinner at night. I don't care what it is... I love it! I got my sewing machine the Christmas before Carson was born. I never really had any lessons or anything so I don't really know a whole lot about it. I read the owners manual cover to cover and that pretty much taught me the basics. I've decided the best way to learn is by doing, so every once in a while I drag it out and try something new! Last Thursday I decided to tackle a project I found online a while back...A kid sized floor pillow. It looked fairly easy but it had piping on it so I was intimidated immediately. Once I got started though, and realized it was pre-made, it was no biggie! I LOOOOOOVE going to the fabric store. When I get there I always want to buy all of the pretty fabrics, and decide what to do with them later. If you ever need motivation to drag your sewing machine out of the closet, just visit the fabric store, works every time. So, now I'm on a sewing kick. I want to make stuff. Just not sure what! haha Last week I made the floor pillow and it turned out super cute....

I got some coordinating fabric so I could have a pair of them, and I haven't made the second one yet. If case you sew, and you'd like to try making the pillow here is the tutorial I used. While I'm all about trying to make new things I'm not quite sure I have the ability, or supplies to make what I've got my eyes on, this ric rac quilt I found on Etsy. You can't buy the actual quilt on there, you just buy the pattern ($5). I have NO idea what it takes to make a quilt. If you've made one, or someone that makes them plllllllease let me know. I'd love to know more about it!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable! I am totally inspired now. I have fabrics and just don't know what to do with them. I think it's a patience thing :)

    Janet is a quilter...ask Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right! I knew that! She made Carson a little quilt before he was born! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete