Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, June 5, 2011

It's my party, I can cry if I want to...

Memorial weekend we celebrated Carson's 1st Birthday in Owensboro! James and I had a party for him at my parents house on Sunday and it sure was a blast :) We had lots of family and friends there to help us make sure Carson's 1st Birthday was super special! We decorated the back porch with TONS of balloons, just perfect for a little boy's party! My grandmother, "Ree", who can make/bake anything, made Carson a special birthday cake! On the outside it looked quite simple...But on the inside, a rainbow of colors!

Of course it was yummy too :) Granny and I made cupcake sprinkle cookies, homemade strawberry golden oreo ice cream, and had lots of little snacks for everyone!


I put together a little year recap in photos on this board so everyone could see how much Carson has grown over the past year :) It turned out cute, and it's just so hard to believe he was ever that small!
I also made Carson a sweet little shirt with a big number one on it! I looked at several on Etsy but I just couldn't make myself pay $30 for one! I bought a yellow t-shirt at Target ($5) and used some fabric I had here, traced and cut out the "1" and then ironed, and sewed it on. For $5 it was pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself!

(Post cake...)

I just knew Carson would dive into his cake... Maybe I started it off on a bad note by trying to make him wear this cute hat.... He wasn't feeling it.


Once he finally calmed down from the hat episode he started playing in the cake a little! He got icing ALL over his hands and he really didn't like it. He wanted it off...He tried rubbing it on me, James, his shorts, his shirt, and oh yeah...HIS HAIR! Yuck... he had icing and sprinkles everywhere!


He really didn't actually eat ANY of the cake until he was all clean! I actually had to do a quick bath to get the sprinkles and icing off of him. We even left lots of sprinkles in Granny & Pops' tub....Whoops!

After cake, ice cream, and a bath he was ready for presents! This boy sure is loved...He had gifts EVERYWHERE! It took us forever to open them all :) Carson's favorite thing was all of the cards he received. He couldn't get enough of them! haha

It sure was hot outside (90*+) but we didn't let that stop us from having a good time :)


A special thanks to everyone who helped us celebrate Carson's birthday...Whether at the party, through a card in the mail, or a weekend on the lake in Benton! He truly had an amazing birthday :) I took lots of pictures and documented it quite well...So I know we'll never forget it :) We love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment