Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, June 6, 2011

To Benton...

This past weekend our whole party of three traveled to Benton, Ky for a weekend on the lake, and to celebrate Carson's birthday! He celebrated...True Harper style with a full day on the lake! While we were there I had several people tell me how much they enjoy reading this blog...And I immediately felt quite guilty, I've been slacking. Well, slacking really isn't the word for it...I've been so busy with Carson, the house, and all of our recent travels that I haven't hardly had a minute to even sit down and reflect! So, this post is a promise to everyone who reads, especially those of you in Benton, that I will do better!

They were having boat races at the lake this weekend so there were lots of VERY loud fast boats zooming by us... Carson did not like the noise at first, but once he got used to it he almost seemed to enjoy it! haha Luckily Gary and Pam's friends have a big cabin cruiser boat and Carson was even able to take a much needed siesta. He only slept for about 30-45 min but it made ALL of the difference! Once he got up he was ready to play! He splashed around and was in the water for a long time, heck...He had to be, it was SO hot!!


Playing with Mimi's chapstick, of course! Oh, that reminds me... The other day Carson figured out how to get the lid off, and then proceeded to put it in his mouth. No more playing with the chapstick.
Our little babe had a so much fun celebrating his first birthday with Mimi and Poppy! They got him the cutest little t-ball game :) He'll be hitting homers in no time! After several hours on the lake Carson was sporting quite the little tan (no worries...I used sunscreen). I love that in his creases (I know you're thinking, "What creases? The boy's too skinny!" but he does have a couple!) there is a little white line. So adorable :) After our full day we headed back to Mimi and Poppy's to grill, eat homemade ice cream and cookie cake, and hang out with friends! What a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment