Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, November 9, 2009

Week 11 and I'm home alone :)

So, I think I can safely say I've made it through the whole sickness phase of my pregnancy...well for now anyways! haha I have actually felt pretty normal for almost a whole week! Yay :) I have more energy...although I still have my tired spells and I'm feeling as though I can eat normal foods. I guess that means all of the junk food has to stop....Bring on the fruits and veggies!


According to thebump.com Baby Harper is now the size of a lime! It's hard to believe that something that small can already be forming things like nail beds and tooth buds... So crazy. Right now our "little lime" has skin that is so transparent you can see his/her blood vessels right through it! It really is amazing what all is going on inside of me. Baby Harper has been working so hard to become a strong healthy little person and we just can't wait until he/she is ready to meet us!


As most of you know I love to shop.... So of course I've already been scoping out all of the baby goods this big city has to offer. There is just a million cute things out there... how am I ever going to decide what crib, bedding, and colors will be just right? I have already decided that I'm staying away from the traditional blues and pinks... that's just not my thing. If it's a girl I plan on using reds, yellows, browns, and maybe even some blues and greens. If it's a boy I'm thinking green and brown, or maybe just brown and white/cream. I have also been looking at cribs... I don't want anything to fancy or expensive....just don't feel that's necessary. So, I'm drawn to those dark brown wood beds, where one side is a little taller than the other.... I can just see a cute little smiling baby looking over that rail at me! But, because I'm quite the perfectionist I'm concerned with buying a dark brown wood bed and then wanting to put brown bedding on it... It wont match, and I can't have that. Also, if I find a bed I like at one place and then a dresser thing I like at another place what if the woods aren't the same color... will it look like I tried to match them and missed? I hate that. Whew...what is a mommy to do? If I bring up all of these concerns to James I feel sure he'll think I'm nuts... He's more worried about things like how we are going to afford this new lifestyle!! Yikes :) My mom always says she doesn't know how they made it by those first few years but they did.... and look how great I turned out! hahaha


James is out of town Mon-Thurs this week for business meetings and then leaves Thursday afternoon for a weekend trip to Mississippi to visit one of his friends and see his team, the Vols play. I have the house to myself this week and I have LOTS of shopping planned :) How fun! I plan on getting a lot of Christmas shopping done and I might even start looking for some maternity clothes. My grandmother warned me that I will prob. just wake up one day and realize my clothes just don't fit anymore! I'm going to take her advice and be prepared :) Happy Shopping to me!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I was there with you!! We could SHOP TIL WE DROPPED!!!
    Love the color schemes. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your color theme ideas! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete