Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

So there really is a baby in there!!!

Yesterday afternoon, November 2nd James and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time!! It really was the most amazing thing I have ever heard.... I don't think that either of us were convinced there was really a baby growing in there until we heard it. Wow! We were really afraid that it was too early to hear the heartbeat and I had pretty much already talked myself into believing that we wouldn't be able to hear it. The doctor started rubbing the doppler, or dobbler, whatever its called...thing around and all we heard was a wah, wah, wah, wah, wah sound like there was nothing and then all of a sudden there was a little thud, thud, thud and she said, "That's it!" We couldn't believe it... It's amazing that we can't see the little guy/girl yet but we could hear it!! So neat :) It definitely was the best sound I have ever heard! The day before the appointment I was super excited to go and then of course the day of my nerves started to get the best of me... I just wanted to know that everything was ok in there. And....It is :) She said the heartbeat sounded perfect although everyone keeps asking me what the heart rate is and in the excitement of the moment I didn't even think to ask! Luckily, the doctor said that because I was taking Clomid, the fertility drug they wanted to do an ultrasound to make sure there was just ONE baby in there... Oh geez... We have the ultrasound on Thursday and we are pumped! I wasn't expecting to have one until week 20 but she said that she thought I might want to know BEFORE then if we were going to have more than one...Oh my... I honestly can't imagine the craziness in store if there are two! Yikes!

The doctor also told me that I should start feeling better soon... thank goodness. I don't know how much more of this feeling I can take, or James can take for that matter! Haha He's taken over most of my "wifely duties" as he calls them. I have to say, it's been kinda nice doing nothing... But I'm ready to get back into my normal pattern of things. Sunday I felt pretty good and I was able to clean the kitchen, and do a little cooking so that was good :) Next week James will be gone pretty much the WHOLE week so hopefully I'm feeling up to taking care of everything!

On Thursday after our ultrasound I will post the picture right away! It wont be of much because baby Harper is still only the size of a prune according to thebump.com :) I will also be sure to get the heartrate so you can all start guessing if it's going to be a boy or a girl! Yay... I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. I can just feel your excitement and the emotions coming thru your blog!! I'm so happy for you and James!!! This is truly a blessing!!! I cannot wait to hear all about Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash...you MUST do the Drano test that Abby was talking about. She did it around 10 to 12 weeks I think!!! We need to test all of these old wives tales to see if they're true!!
    I can't wait until tomorrow for your to see the baby! LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete