Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A new project....

It is really difficult to know that an ultrasound can tell me if there is a boy or a girl in there...and I cant have it NOW! I just need to know already :) I'm ready to hit the order now button the bedding. I think I have finally decided on the two that were on my previous post the dots for a girl and the stripes for a boy. We have also ordered our furniture!! WooHoo! We found a great free shipping deal at JCPenny.com that ended today so we decided to go ahead and order! I can't believe James agreed to it....He doesn't like to spend large amounts of money! haha I guess he is just as excited as I am to see the nursery get under way! Below I posted a picture of the crib and the dresser/changing table. We love that it's a touch modern but not too funky!



As soon as we ordered the furniture last night I was already on a new project...Some kind of chair for the nursery. I don't really like the gliders that are out now. They are a little too old fashioned looking for me, plus, that motion of gliding forwards and backwards makes me feel a little sick! So, I'm opting for a wooden rocking chair that I can paint and make my own! I decided this afternoon to begin my search! I looked at several online but I felt that a thrift store or consignment store might have exactly what I was looking for! I headed out...in the snow to our Goodwill to see if I could find anything. Usually thrift store shopping takes several trips but today was my lucky day!! I found the PERFECT rocking chair! It's not the color I wanted but the wood is in nearly perfect shape so it will be easy to sand and re-paint. It has a cushioned seat which I'm sure will come in handy on those long, sleepless nights! The cushion will be super easy to recover in a fabric that matches our bedding. I AM SO EXCITED!! Here is the chair before my little art project:

Once my masterpiece is complete I will be sure to post a new picture!
Predictions Please.......
I was asking my kiddos at school today if they think my baby will be a boy or a girl and it seems that the girls said "girl" and the boys said "boy". Go figure.... haha We have more boys in our class so I guess our class prediction will be a boy! What do you guys think? Boy? or Girl?

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the final pictures!! I had to read back on some of your post, but I say....girl. I could very well be wrong and actually have no idea. haha. Have a great New Years Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a feeling it's a girl!! :) 4 more days til we know for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a girl too! We'll see :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think baby Harper is a girl!! Love the furniture and the chair project! I cannot wait to see the finale.

    ReplyDelete