Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Registry Experience....

One of the ladies I work with wants to have a small shower for me up here while my mom is in town here in a few weeks...So, this of course meant we needed to register...SOON!
James is going on an ice fishing trip (Yes, they actually do that up here.) next weekend so we had to get it done this weekend or else we'd be running out of time! So, we decided to get up early on Saturday and do all of the registering BEFORE football started! I am pretty familiar with all of the baby supplies, gear, and what they are all used for. James on the other hand, was a little clueless. He kept telling me that I could go register without him if I wanted but I wanted him to understand just how much STUFF a baby comes with! He was amazed at all of the little gadgets that are available! We had fun deciding what all we "wanted" and what all we "need". haha We started our little adventure at Target because I knew James would be overwhelmed by BabiesRUs as a first stop, I would have been too for that matter...that place is HUGE! Target was pretty easy and we were able to pretty much find everything that we needed, but you have to register at BabiesRUs right?!?! If they had 10 types of bottles to choose from at Target I bet they had 50 at BabiesRUs. Anyone who has been in there you know I'm not exaggerating! haha Of course there were SOME things we weren't able to register just yet because of course we don't know until TOMORROW if it's a "pickle or a hamburger" as our friend Cheryl so eloquently put it. haha That just cracks us up! While James is gone next weekend I plan on heading back to add some gender specific items to the registry. If any of you mommies out there had that ONE thing that you couldn't live without please share what that thing is... We feel like we did a good job with what we picked but we are rookies here!

I can't really put into words how excited I am about tomorrow! James is excited too but I think he's a little nervous too! I just know that if the baby is healthy then we will be SO happy! I am really looking forward to being a parent with James- He is going to be SOO good at it. He's always so calm and never gets in a "tizzy". This will help me tons, and in turn will probably help the baby as well :) I still have not had another baby dream since that one forever ago! I did have a dream about James the other night though...and it was quite funny. I had this dream that he was really stressed out (which never happens first of all) because he just couldn't decide which bedding he wanted in the baby's room (which is hilarious because he doesn't get into the whole decorating thing AT ALL). He was just torn between two bedding sets and he kept asking me what I thought and I kept giving him answers like he always gives me, "I like them both. It doesn't matter to me either way. I'm open minded" Which, as most of you know... doesn't help at all in the decision making process. It was a funny dream because it sounded like a conversation we'd have only the roles were reversed! haha
I've taken a poll and right now it sounds like more people think we are having a girl....although we did go to a little football get-together today and all of the guys said they were thinking "boy thoughts" for James... So who knows! My little nephew Parker seems to think that baby Harper is now in his tummy...Andy and my dad can't seem to convince him otherwise... He thinks his baby Harper is going to be a boy, and that it's coming out in 30 days! Too cute :)

We've been taking a little poll to see what people think we are having and.......
The results are in:
Mommy: girl
Daddy: girl
Granny (my mom): girl
Pops (my dad): boy
Andy (my bro): boy
Parker: boy
Mimi (James' mom): girl
Big Poppy (James' dad): boy
Josh (James' bro): girl
Holli (friend): girl
Stacey (friend): girl
Josh (neighbor): boy
Michelle (neighbor): girl
Cheryl (friend): girl
Tara (friend): girl
Jenny (cousin): boy

Vote Totals: Girl: 10 Boy: 6

We go to the doctor tomorrow (Monday) at 3:45...Can't wait!!

1 comment:

  1. The registering experience was quite overwhelming and exhausting of me! I cannot wait to hear the good news today (Monday). I don't see how you two are going to make it till this afternoon, though. I'd be going nuts!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete