Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, January 18, 2010

An Amazing Feeling...

Friday when I got finished with work I came home and got snuggled in on the couch to watch all of my Thursday night shows (the "much anticipated" Grey's and Private Practice crossover event) haha. I had been sitting on the couch for about an hour or so when I felt a flutter really low in my stomach. I immediately thought... Ohmygosh, that's him! I was sooo afraid that he was going to kick or something and I wasn't going to notice it but I did, and it was amazing! After I felt his little "flutter" I just wanted to sit really still, concentrating on him so maybe I could feel it again. I didn't though...Just those few little times. So, really I was unsure if it was actually him. I was really busy on Saturday cleaning and doing little household chores so he was probably rocked to sleep most of the day by my business. But, on Sunday I spent a few hours on the couch watching football (Go Vikings!) and I felt the little flutter again! This time James was here and even he was excited that I was feeling him. I know he is just dying to be able to feel it for himself! Today, I had to go to a seminar thing for work where I had to sit in a chair from 12:30-3:30 and listen to a lady literally read 48 PowerPoint slides (yes, I counted them all). Luckily, little Carson was doing lots of moving in that first 30 minutes so I had something else to think about... It was like we were in the back row playing a game or something that nobody else knew about! What a cool feeling. I'm going to consider that as our first Mommy/Carson moment. I just sat there and daydreamed about what he was doing in there, what he looked like, and how sweet he was going to be! I love this little guy :)

This week Carson is the size of a fruit I have been eating a lot of lately... a banana :) Speaking of eating, by 21 weeks Carson's taste buds have developed! He is starting to be able to taste some of the things I eat...Crazy! Supposedly doctors say that after birth babies are most likely to be interested in tastes they have already tasted. Which means Carson might be liking some of the things I've been eating. I've been trying really hard to eat a variety of foods, including lots of fruit and veggies, and not a lot of greasy burgers and fries. I feel sure Carson will LOVE milk... I've been drinking two big glasses everyday. One in the morning with breakfast, and then another at night to sooth the stomach, plus it's kind of a good way to end the day...a nice cold glass of milk!
Carson is moving in my belly right this minute. I feel like when he is doing that I should stop what I'm doing and just sit and feel it. haha I guess that will change quickly as I start to feel him bouncing around all over the place, all of the time :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! So happy you finally felt him. And just wait, he'll be kicking so hard soon, James will be able to feel him too :)) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete