Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Busy as a bee...

For any of you who share a busy brain like me you will totally understand this post. I am the type that really always has to be working on something. A craft project, cleaning project, organizing project, shopping for something special, and the list goes on. My brain is ALWAYS brainstorming about the next project. Sometimes when there are just too many exciting things coming up my brain goes into overload mode. Carson-case and point. I can't stop thinking about our little man. For those of you that have a not so busy brain, please feel free to ponder some of these thoughts for me...It all begins with getting his bedroom together. What kind and color window treatments do I want to make? What color should the walls be? Still haven't found a mobile that I really like, am I going to ever find one? Where is the full size bed going to go that's in his room now? Where are we going to put all of his "baby stuff"? The list continues...

Then I move to random things that I want to make sure I don't forget about as his arrival gets closer. Pictures for example... I want to make sure I have something set up for photos a few weeks after he is born, But where? I don't want to pay a fortune, because of course I will take about a million pics myself! haha My brain also likes to think about all of the fun things I will be able to do with Carson since I'll be staying home! I just CAN'T WAIT until the first day that him and I get to meet James at the park for lunch :) I will say... I don't want my brain to stop thinking about these things, they are soo fun to imagine!

The left side of my brain likes to think about craft projects that I should start with some of my spare time...that is while I still have it. I've still got my rocking chair to tackle once we decide on a paint color for the room. But, in the time being I've started some new ones... Right after Christmas I began working on a stocking for our little man. It's one of those felt ones where you cut out the pieces and sew them on, then add lots of sequins to make it all sparkly. James and I have one so I had to start one for Carson! That is still a work in progress :) Yesterday I opened a whole new can of worms...The sewing machine! I got it for Christmas last year and just love it! Yesterday I spent some time on the computer looking for easy sewing patterns and ideas of things to make for...you guessed it...Carson! He's going to be adorable, and spoiled of course. I found a really cute pattern for a newborn hat, made out of a t-shirt (so cute, can't wait to make that one!) I also found a cute bib and burp cloth pattern. After I left work yesterday I headed for the fabric store...love that place...and got some cute material so I could get started. So, I spent my afternoon yesterday working on the cutest little bib and matching burp cloth!


I just used some of that snugly flannel baby material they sell at all of the fabric stores, and it really turned out cute. I decided to make it more difficult (of course) by cutting out the letters to spell "Carson" and then appliqueing them on. But, I have to say...they made it so much cuter! This project in itself opens up my brain to a MILLION more cute ideas for bibs...in order to stop having dreams about cute bibs I guess I'll just have to make more....haha This like many other first time projects has a few things I would change next time so while there are a few imperfections in bib # 1 I'm sure I will get it down to an art :)


My brain is also VERY busy thinking about the upcoming arrival of "Granny"! Mom is coming up at the end of the month to help work on Carson's room :) We have lots of FUN things to do while she is in town so I'm anxiously awaiting January 28th! James just doesn't enjoy cute little baby stores as much as I do...Granny will appreciate them for sure!! I'm hoping that we will have time to actually paint Carson's room while she is here :) If not, I at least need her help picking out the color!

My brain is now tired from typing about what's it's thinking...It's too early in the morning to have to make it think about all of these things at once. Whew...

3 comments:

  1. Ashley..you are too creative! I love it. The bib and burp cloth are adorable. You should really consider making clothes and accessories and selling them. There is a lady here in Louisville that is a stay at home mom. She had 3 boys and finally a little girl. When her little girl was born she wanted everything monogrammed so she bought a wonderful machine and now has too many customers to count. I LOVE her stuff. You should do this!

    As for Carson's baby stuff, good luck finding a home for it all. One of my pet peeves is having stuff just sitting out in our house. James Ralph put together Baker's swing, playard, play mat, infant swing, high chair, etc. last weekend. I then had to go around a find a place for it all. Our closets are PACKED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable!! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete