Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Carson is half way here!!!!


Today I am exactly 20 weeks pregnant, and only 20 more to go!! It's crazy to think that I'm at the half way point...The first 20 weeks has had it's lows (being so sick) and it's highs (finding out we we're having a boy)! We are sooooooo excited about what the next 20 weeks has in store :) I am anxiously awaiting the moment that I feel little Carson moving around in there...According to the doctor I should be feeling him in the next couple weeks! As for my bump...Dad says it still doesn't even really look like I'm pregnant, which I guess is a good thing. You can definitely tell though...The bump is getting bigger and I feel awfully "thick" through the middle! haha

I had a very productive weekend at home while James was out ice fishing (By the way, he didn't catch a thing except for a killer hangover two days in a row.)! I spent most of the day Saturday thinking about and shopping for Carson! haha I added items to our registry at Target and BabiesRUs so now it's officially complete, boy items included. After all of my shopping and running around town I came home and began yet another project... I wanted to come up with something unique...that I haven't seen before (as I'm sure most of you expected). So... I feel like I have come up with the cutest way to put "Carson" in the room!

I love the way it turned out :) I just painted the letters on paper, and then framed them in different sized, mis-matched, brown wooded frames. I think I like it most because it really looks like a boy, and I can reuse the frames when we want something different :)

After completing this project I, of course, began a new one...Cleaning out Carson's room (this must be the nesting starting to settle in). I somehow managed to get a carload of stuff out of the closet to take to the Goodwill (it's like the 10th time I've taken a car load since we moved in 2 years ago) We have a pretty big walk in closet in Carson's room and one side now has our "stuff" and one side has his. He is already starting to get quite the collection of stuff! I can only imagine how much stuff he will have come May! Whew...where are we going to put it all? After working on the closet I worked on getting as much out of the room as possible. Once we take the "load" to Goodwill tomorrow there will actually be space in there to put together the crib-which we get to pick up tomorrow! WooHoo! Hopefully by next weekend we will have the full size bed out of there and then it will really be able to start looking like a baby room! My mom is coming up to visit at the end of the month and that's when the true "transformation" will begin!! I can't wait!!

5 comments:

  1. Those letters so fabulous! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The letters turned out great!! I agree...they look perfect for a little boy! :) I can't believe you are already at the half-way point...Carson will be here before you know it! Oh, and your baby bump is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the letters! Adorable! :) And they'll go perfect with your bedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love the letters!!! You are so creative! And the baby bump is too cute!! Can't wait to see Lil Carson's room complete :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone :) I really loved the way they turned out too!! Cant wait to hang them up :)

    ReplyDelete