Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, January 15, 2010

Carson is definitely growing!!


As we near the end of week 20 I can definitely tell that our little man is growing! This week Carson is about the size of a cantaloupe! I say that I can tell he's growing because I swear I can feel my stomach growing! haha It still doesn't really look like it's gotten much bigger but I think that it has. I can tell in the lower part of my stomach for sure! He must be getting all snuggled in down there. Whew, talk about uncomfortable! I've had lots of pants trouble this week because of all of Carson's "snuggling"! I've been able to wear all of my regular jeans comfortably (for the most part) until this week. Monday my jeans were entirely too tight in the waist region! I couldn't even zip them at all. Thank goodness for the Bella Band or I'd be wearing sweat pants all week! haha I have a couple pairs of maternity jeans and it's beginning to look like they need to move into the circulation a little more regularly.
I've also been feeling some stretching pains around the tummy area. I've decided that I can't really do much twisting or I can REALLY feel some stretching going on....Guess that's normal? Anybody know?
Thebump.com has shared a rather disgusting piece of info about the baby this week. Carson's digestive system is "busy creating meconium". What is meconium you ask? Well, meconium is a "tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion, and dead cells". Disgusting right... Wait....It gets worse. This "substance" will be what fills Caron's first diaper. I think this sounds like a WONDERFUL job for Daddy. Don't you? I think maybe Mommy will be sleeping or something when this time arrives. Yuck. Let's not tell James about the "meconium" and when it's time to change the first diaper I will gladly let James have the honors!

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha....my thoughts exactly on the diaper situation!! Greg is going to flip out!! ;)

    ReplyDelete