Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, January 4, 2010

A Deflating Experience...

So today was SUPPOSED to be the day where we can finally give this baby a name, and of course know if it was a boy or a girl. Well, we get to our appointment FULL of excitement, and when I go to check-in I say, "I had an appt. at 3:45 for an ultrasound and then a visit with Dr. Cho for my 19 week check-up." The lady types a few things into the computer and says, "Umm, I see your appt. but I don't see that we scheduled you an ultrasound." So basically, when our last visit (at 15 weeks) was over we made an appt. for our 19 week visit WITH an ultrasound and the stinkin' lady didn't get that into the computer some how. So, of course when she tells me that the ultrasound tech is already gone for the day tears immediately start to fill my eyes. She told us we could come in first thing in the morning to have one done, which was good of course but I just couldn't stop crying at this point. It literally felt like someone blew up a balloon in our face and popped it! We were prepared with the fact that maybe the baby wouldn't cooperate but we didn't think that the scheduling lady would get in the way of this news! Ahh. So... after about an hour or so I finally got a grip. It's not the end of the world... We get to find out first thing in the morning, 8:10 to be exact! So... we are even more excited! At the appointment we did get to hear our baby's heart beat again and it was perfect...150bpm :)
Yesterday when I asked my dad if he thought it was going to be a boy or a girl he guessed boy, then he said he actually thought we wouldn't be able to find out today. Guess he was the big winner after all! I'm sure he jinxed us....and now we have to all wait until tomorrow...Thanks Dad!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, love your heart! I'm so sorry that you felt that way! I would of been just as upset! But that does make the anticipation for tomorrow appointment so much greater! I can't wait to hear what he/she will be!

    I'm still going with girl from that heartbeat!!

    ReplyDelete