Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Stinky Stump

What is the "Stinky Stump" you ask? It's Carson's umbilical cord stump, and yes it was stinky. They told us at the hospital that it should fall off on it's own between one-two weeks after birth. James, being the "picker" that he is was just DYING to pick at it until it fell off. I have to admit I can't blame him though...in the last couple of days it has become quite stinky. We figured this meant it was about to come off, and I am happy to report that it came off this morning during a diaper change! Woo Hoo! See ya later Stinky Stump you will NOT be missed :)

With the stump in the trash can we now have the go ahead to give Carson his first REAL bath in his little "Whale of a Tub" that's been hanging in our laundry room since January! I can't wait :) James' parents will be here tomorrow morning around 11ish to meet their first grand baby and I'm so glad he'll get to be all squeaky clean for their big meeting! We plan on giving him a bath tonight so I will let you know how that goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment