Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Where does the time go?

Carson is three weeks old today! I just can't believe that three weeks and one day ago I was battling contractions feeling like he'd NEVER get here. Well, he's here alright and he is wonderful! I remember being worried that I'd be bored staying at home all day everyday....well, who has time to be bored when your caring for a newborn?? Not me that's for sure. Yesterday during a Skype session (best invention ever) my friend Stacey asked, "So, what do you do all day?" Um... I didn't really know how to answer that question. Well, I get up feed Carson, change Carson, play with Carson, change Carson, eat breakfast, feed Carson, take a speedy quick shower while he's catching a few Z's, change Carson, play with Carson, feed Carson.... Ok, I think you get the picture. And, before you know it it's 5:30 and James is getting home. Whew, it's amazing how fast my days are going by!

Let me say this...I'm NOT complaining! I love our "new life" as parents! It's amazing how different things are around here. Last night for example, after we each took turns eating dinner while the other held Carson...We had a fussy baby on our hands. We decided to give Carson a quick bath considering he'd managed to spit up on himself and pee on himself (twice) in about an hour. After his bath we packed everyone up and headed out for a walk around the neighborhood. Carson was fussy for the first few minutes and Chloe was yanking James all over the place. We were both getting frustrated and then all of a sudden all was quiet. Carson was quiet and happy. James and I just walked in silence for like 5 minutes without saying a word to each other. Then I broke the silence and said, "This quiet is kind of nice right?" haha We both agreed!

Carson is still being a little angel at night! He eats before bed and wakes up sometime around 1-2 to eat again and then he sleeps until 5-6, not too shabby! Carson is definitely growing! He's now eating about 4 oz at each feeding (FYI: we've began introducing formula with my milk...I spent about a week and a half with an clogged duct which in turn caused me to get really sore, I decided to stop nursing and just pump to let things heal up... in the process I think my milk supply got low... So, we started introducing formula to make sure I had enough milk left for the transition process.)! In the last couple of days we can really tell he's growing! We go back to the doctor on Tuesday for a quick little check-up. At our two week check he was 7 lbs 14 oz. and they said he should have been a little bigger (gaining an ounce a day) so they had us feed him a little more often and wanted us to come back in 10 days to see if he's on track. We are anxious to see what he weighs now :)

Last night I decided to take Carson outside with his comforter and take a few "naked baby" pictures! He had on his diaper, I'm not that brave. So, I got some really cute shots of our little man. What you can't see in these pictures is the big spot of pee on the comforter... The little guy managed to pee out the back of his diaper as soon as I laid him down. Go figure. You also can't see the "cottage cheese spit up" that kept oozing out the side of his mouth. All you can see is the cuteness...Enjoy :)

2 comments:

  1. Ashley,
    I know what you're doing all day... I'm doing the same thing! And yes, I wake up in the morning and all of the sudden it's 4 p.m. and I'm awfully proud of myself when I shower AND wash my hair :)
    Your little guy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is just precious. Becoming a parent is the most incredible feeling in the world. There is nothing like it. He is doing really good with his sleeping, you guys are lucky =)

    ReplyDelete