Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, March 26, 2010

All things baby...


What is it about cute baby stuff that just makes your heart melt? Even the smell of the lotion makes me smile! After a weekend full of showers Carson's room is getting closer to being stocked with all of the things he'll need. I just love to go in there and "play" with all of his stuff... His little wash clothes, clothes, shoes, and I even love his shampoo and lotion! I never thought I would be so excited to receive or buy things like diaper rash cream, wipes, pacifiers, and diapers. We have one shower left, Easter weekend in Benton, and I just can't wait! More cute baby things!!! I told James the other day when we were taking Chloe for a walk that I just couldn't wait until I got to start washing all of Carson's laundry!! All of his clothes are so tiny I swear I think they could fit into one load! It seems like every afternoon I find myself wandering into Carson's room just looking for something to do, put away, or organize. I just love being in there! I guess I enjoy organizing, and reorganizing all of his things because it allows me to imagine for a minute what it will REALLY be like when it comes time to use all of these things! Sometimes I feel like I have somewhat of an idea of how my day will go like when he's actually here and it's actually my responsibility to change diapers, nurse, bathe, clothe, and play with the little guy... but it's actually a hard thing to imagine! One of the things I think I am most looking forward to, other than just holding our sweet boy, is seeing James as a Daddy! He is going to be the best daddy a little boy could ask for!

Yesterday I had my 30 week check-up :) The doctor described my pregnancy thus far as picture perfect! Yay! He said my weight, blood pressure, and measurements were all right on track, and that our little man's heart rate was 143bpm and that he was doing great! Good job bud....keep on growing! He did tell me too that Carson will start growing very quickly from this point on. I should be expecting ligament pain and stretching to be making a comeback shortly, lovely. I have still been feeling really well. My heartburn has gotten worse and more frequent but if I could just figure out what's causing it I might be able to get a bit of a handle on it. I discovered today that chocolate is definitely giving it to me :( This makes me very sad...I love chocolate. The good thing is that ice cream is like an instant fix....or maybe that's a bad thing? Eh, I'm pregnant...I'm supposed to eat ice cream right?

We go back to the doctor on April 8th for a 32 week check-up and then again two weeks later at 34 weeks. After that we'll have our 36 week appointment which will consist of the much anticipated vaginal exam...Fun, fun! Then they'll be checking to make sure Carson is head first and ready for departure! Woo Hoo.... I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

1 comment:

  1. It's almost here, everything is looking good!! Best of luck! Loving the updates!

    ReplyDelete