Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Can't Stop 'Till You Get Enough...

So I totally can NOT stop looking at Carson's little chubby face! I feel like I look at his new picture a million times a day. He's already SO cute and I'm just dying to meet him! After our families have gotten a chance to check out Carson's picture several people seem to think he already looks like me. Granny says it's because of the chubby cheeks, and Mimi says James was a pretty small baby. I don't have a copy of one of James' baby pictures to show you but I will be sure to get one when we go home in April so we can compare. I do however have a 2 month old picture of myself for now. I need to find our first pictures from the hospital and see what we think. I'll work on this in the coming weeks. In the meantime....

So what do you think... Any resemblance? I see the cheek thing but that's about it!

Since Carson is a little bigger than the average 28 week old, and I'm really close to that 7th month mark, I figured I'd go ahead and tell you about what's going on with our little man during next few weeks :)
According to thebump.com Carson is approximately the size of a squash...whatever that means. That's like saying he's the size of a pumpkin... Every pumpkin is a different size. I like this comparison better: At 29 weeks Carson is about the length of a loaf of bread. Wow! Crazy... That's actually something I can imagine holding in my arms and carrying around. Oh, I just can't wait! Thebump.com says that the average baby at 29 weeks weighs 2.5-3.8 lbs and we already know Carson is 3.2 lbs... So he's definitely on the larger end of that scale :) And, I've also read that during the 7th month of pregnancy Mommy can expect increased heartburn, which of course has already started like clockwork everyday around 3:00pm, along with rapid weight gain. Yay for me! I don't feel like I have began to "rapidly" gain weight just yet. I think so far I have gained about 15 lbs so I'm a little nervous to see whats going to happen to this number in the coming weeks. Carson on the other hand is growing in all good ways of course! He's now able to suck on his own... watch out boobs! haha His little brain is also controlling his breathing and body temperature. His energy is surging as well, which I can feel for sure. I've noticed a major increase in movement in just the last few days. He's settling into a sleep and waking cycles, which right now see to be normal. I don't ever feel him at night so maybe that means he's already sleeping through the night? haha Don't worry... I'm not actually believing what I'm saying, just trying to make myself think maybe he'll be a good sleeper. haha A mommy can only wish.... All five of Carson's senses are working now too and I've read that 9 out of 10 babies that are born at this age can survive, which is comforting to know :)

Carson is also to the stage where he might be hiccuping! It's described as feeling like butterflies in your stomach. They say this is caused by him practicing his breathing. I guess he's been slacking because I haven't felt this yet! Carson, your first lesson from Mommy: Practice makes perfect! I just read a LOVELY bit of information that I probably could have done without... haha Carson has starting peeing in his amniotic sac. Gross to think about, even more gross to know that he actually is swallowing some of it with the amniotic fluid (don't worry, apparently it's sterile). Oh little Carson, Daddy has a lot to teach you about your bathroom habits. haha
I also want to take a quick minute to say that everyone should keep Holli and Brad in your thoughts over the next few days :) They will find out their big news on Friday so we are all keeping our fingers crossed and Carson and I are sending all of our baby thoughts their way :) Good luck you too! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment