Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, March 1, 2010

Go away already...


Where is spring you ask? I can tell you that it's NOT in Minnesota... Although, if you lived here you just might THINK (for a minute) it was spring when you saw the weather forecast. I'll admit, we've had a warm up, and yes, it has been nice. We might even get up to 40 today (We haven't hit the 40 mark since Dec 1st). But I am quickly reminded that it is NOT spring, and that winter is NOT over when I look out my window and still see a 3-4 foot pile of snow in my front yard. GO AWAY ALREADY! It's trying to at least... We've been "thawing", as they call it here, for several days in a row now but when you begin with a solid 4-5 feet of snow everywhere it takes a while.

Chloe is also ready for the snow to be gone... No snow means more walks for her! This weekend we were able to take her both days. Her paws are now a slight grey color from trudging through all of the muck that snow leaves behind... When we got back from our walk on Sunday we were standing in the driveway trying to break up ice chunks (there should be a special tool for this) when James says, "Well, I guess this is good enough...unless you want to have a snow ball fight." Um... No thanks James. When I look over at him he's already got a snow ball in his hands and he proceeds to throw it... Not at me...at Carson! haha Don't worry...it was a loose snowball and he didn't throw it hard. James starts laughing and says, "There, Carson just got hit with his first snowball!" Carson and I are both hoping that's the last snow ball he sees for a while...Maybe next winter we'll be living somewhere too warm for March snowballs?

No comments:

Post a Comment