Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

It's finally time!

I am SOOOO excited about my upcoming trip to Kentucky that I've been ready to start packing for about a week now. But of course it was too early! I am happy to say that since I'm leaving on Thursday afternoon it's officially time to get started! Woo Hoo :) I always hate the week leading up to a trip because I get so excited that it's almost here, which seems to make the time just creeeeeeep by. Usually I make "packing" the biggest production (just ask James)....I try on lots of outfit, shoes, jewelry, purse combinations until I get it just right. This process can take a while I have to admit, but it's so fun :) Being pregnant throws a little kink in that whole process. First of all my selection of clothes is much smaller, although I am beginning to feel like I have quite the array of maternity wear. Second, what I pack is extremely important because I can't just borrow something of Mom's if I need to, nothing would fit! And of course we all know that Owensboro doesn't have the selection of maternity wear that I have up here in the big city. If I were to realize I forgot something, or needed a different kind of top I would be out of luck. So, tonight while James is finishing up his final for one of his Masters classes I will be turning my closet upside down and inside out getting packed for Kentucky! I can't wait :)

I have SO many plans while I'm in town I can't even say what I'm most excited about! It all starts with a BIG hug from Mom and Dad at the airport Thursday night, a much needed hair cut on Friday, lunch with Mom and Ree, a bowling charity event with the fam., getting to meet my brother's new girlfriend, getting that "reallllllllly tight hug" Parker's been telling me and Carson about, UK basketball, TWO baby showers, and of course getting to see all of my family and friends :) I only wish I could bring James and Chloe with me. I always feel sooo guilty when I get to go home to visit and he doesn't. He has to stay in Minnesota and work....blah :( At least we get to go home together in a couple weeks to see his family and friends for ANOTHER shower! Yay!

I hoping all of this traveling doesn't make me too awfully uncomfortable. This belly is starting to become quite "large and in charge". It's to the point where it's making everything a little more difficult. I do see lots of trips to the airplane bathroom in my near future.... When we go home Easter weekend we are driving, so that will be an entire blog post in itself I'm sure. Good thing James is patient.

On a totally random side note: All of the snow in our front yard is gone! Now that is something to be excited about! The last two days our temps have been in the upper 50's which have allowed me to open up the windows and get some fresh air! I just LOVE it.... Can't wait for spring :)

1 comment:

  1. Ashley,
    I flew when I was very pregnant - just to let you know depending on the airline you are flying you might be able to get a pass to board first (pre-boarding). You can ask when you check in if they do that. If they do you just go to the desk at your gate and get a pass. i was just standing in line and the ticket guy came and got me and let me board first, but then told me about the pass to pre-board. You might not be interested, but I just thought I would let you know.
    I am glad I am not the only one that tries on all her clothes, shoes, jewelry, ect before I pack. Have a good time!

    Rachel (McNeil) Rainer

    ReplyDelete