Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Carson's little pad...

Amazing weekend...Post two. I picked up Granny at the airport on Thursday at 2:15ish and of course we headed straight for IKEA! Mom and I shared a chip, soda, and 2 hot dog combo for $2 and then we were ready to get down to business! I had a LONG list of things I wanted to check out for Carson's room. Well, let me just say that 2 hours, $150 dollars, and a cart full of goodies later we were finished with the IKEA trip! After IKEA we drove across the street to the Mall of America of course! James met us for some quick dinner and then we were off shopping again :) By this point its already 5:30ish and we were beginning to get a little tired so we just planned on hitting a few stores. I was wanting to look for some maternity clothes, which seem to be only easy to find at the MOA of all places. We hit the maternity jackpot at the Gap! I found all kinds of cute things and even picked up a few more at Old Navy! Fun :) It's now about 7:00 and were exhausted... For those of you that have been up here you understand that IKEA and the MOA are only about 3 miles from the airport. So basically in about 5 hours we'd been 3 miles and spent some serious $$$... And we still have all weekend to go... Yikes!

One of the main reasons I wanted Mom to come up was to help me work on Carson's room! So of course we spent the entire weekend trying to make it the cutest room ever... I think we succeeded! I just LOVE the way it turned out,and it's very comforting to know that it's finished. Yes, I know...we still have 17 weeks until the little man arrives but I think it will take away some anxiety with it being finished. One less thing to worry about, plus...Who knows how I will feel when my belly REALLY gets huge?? Mom and I were working on hemming some curtains and I was crawling all around on the floor pinning and measuring and I told her.... Can you imagine if I were trying to do this with a belly twice this size... would have been a nightmare! However, Mom and I can not take credit for the entire room. James had a very important job...hanging our new red shelves. For those of you that really know me you know I'm somewhat of a perfectionist, and of course James is very aware of this lovely trait. He knew this could make hanging two shelves directly over top of each other a little more difficult. Of course he did a wonderful job :) They are level, secure, and perfect! We think they really make the room! Let us know what you think :)





Tomorrow I will fill you in on the second half of the weekend... First baby shower :)

4 comments:

  1. I love the room, Ashley!! You, James and "Granny" did a fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carson's room is SO cute! I love all the IKEA items!! And there's nothing wrong with being prepared! Jacob's room was painted in January and I wasn't due until June 4 - I'm in FULL support of your preparedness! :) Less to worry about later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so I'm REALLY hoping I fixed the problem and I can post comments on your blog now...it's been driving me crazy that I couldn't for the past couple weeks.
    This is Michelle (Ashley's Neighbor) and I am one of the LUCKY ones that got to visit the nursery and it's EVEN CUTIER in person...if that's even possible. LOVE everything about Carson's pad!

    ReplyDelete