Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Kicking & Breathing...


James and I hit yet another Carson milestone this weekend! Not only are we both feeling him move more and more often but we can now actually SEE my belly move when he kicks! What a strange sight that is... I love it though! When I feel him kicking I just want to watch my belly :) James has been trying to hear Carson's heartbeat but we aren't quite there yet. I'm sure in the next week or so he'll be able to. Tuesday I have my 24 week check-up appointment as well as my one hour glucose test...blah. Not looking forward to that. I actually have done this test once already (while we were trying to get pregnant) and it was so boring. At least this time when I get there I'll drink the "special drink" and then while I wait for one hour I actually have a check-up with the OB so that will kill some of the time! I'm trying to come up with a long list of questions to make the waiting part of the test as short as possible. Keep your fingers crossed that I pass this first test and don't have to do the three hour one...

So I've mentioned in previous posts that I'm one that always has a "project" of some sorts that I'm working on... Well, my most recent project is simply trying to breathe. Sounds easy right? It would be if both sides of my nose were cooperating! For the last couple weeks I've been battling a stuffy nose. I totally understand this is part of being pregnant and I should probably just get used to it, but I feel like there has to be SOME way to get a little relief. My nose has been a mess since about the 10th week of pregnancy so I'm used to that, but this not being able to breathe stuff is killing me.

I've tried Sudafed...Not working at all.
I've invested in a Neti Pot, which I will say really does help, but I've realized that when your nose is completely stopped up the solution can't even get through your sinus cavity to help. Great.
My newest attempt is rubbing Vick's on my chest, I THOUGHT this was working until today...now I can't seem to get any relief.

I stopped by Walgreen's today to ask the pharmacist if she had any suggestions and that was pretty much a waste of time. There just aren't many meds that are approved for pregnant women to take. Lovely. So now I turn to you... Anyone have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment