Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, February 15, 2010

Welcome to the 3rd Trimester

I'm officially on the "last leg" of this pregnancy! I will have to admit that so far I have enjoyed being pregnant...Maybe I say that because I am not quite to that incredibly uncomfortable phase? haha It's hard to believe that Carson will actually be here in about 104 days...We are starting to get SO anxious! We just can't wait to meet him :) I'm just dying to know what he looks like, a little James, or a little Ashley, or a perfect mix of both? During this month Carson is about the size of an eggplant. Eggplant? Really? Couldn't they have come up with a more appetizing food to compare him to? Thebump.com says that during this month James should be able to hear Carson's heartbeat just by putting his ear on my belly...he hasn't yet, so we'll keep you posted! Carson's little eyes are forming and he will soon be able to blink... So cute!

As I start this 6 month of pregnancy here is a little bit of what's going on:

Maternity Clothes? I'm pretty much wearing only maternity clothes these days...they are simply more comfy. I do still have some things that fit just fine, along with a couple pairs of jeans that work with the Bella Band. I will have to admit, maternity jeans are pretty comfy! haha

Sleep? Until about two nights ago I was sleeping really well. I have always been one to have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night so for now that's not really bothering me...I'm sure these trips will get more frequent and more annoying! The last two nights I have had a tough time getting comfortable... I think it's about time to try the pillow in between the legs trick.

Movement? I am happy to say that we're feeling Carson move more and more everyday! This morning James and I laid in bed for about 20 minutes and just felt him kick around. I just wish I knew what it was he was doing in there! haha Carson is also discovering where my bladder is located, which leads me to the next topic...

Bathroom Breaks? Frequent. I have noticed in the last week or so that it seems for about every 5-6 drinks of water I have to pee once. I don't mean 5-6 glasses of water, I mean 5-6 drinks... So, basically for every bottle of water I drink I have to pee about 3 times. We are going to burn through some serious toilet paper in this last trimester... haha I can now also tell when Carson is pushing on my bladder. This of course causes a very sudden, "Ohmygosh I can hardly hold it!" urge to pee. Lovely :) This is going to be fabulous when it comes time to make that 12 hour drive home in March. Good thing James is a patient guy :) haha

Shopping? I have been trying really hard to bring the shopping to a screeching halt. And, since Mom has left I feel like I'm doing pretty good :) James would probably even agree! I will say I had a little slip-up at Kohls the other day... It's just SO hard to pass up cute little clothes that only cost a couple bucks!

Eating? I feel lucky that I haven't really been having an crazy cravings... James said not to say that because there is still plenty of time! I am starting to notice my indigestion coming back a little bit, accompanied by a little heartburn. I hope this doesn't get any worse...

How's Daddy? Daddy is doing great! He is really enjoying being able to feel Carson move and he's been doing a lot of financial preparations to get ready for Carson. Budgets & college funds, Oh my! I am proud to say too that Daddy is also losing weight while I continue to gain it! haha I'm so proud of him... I guess he will be my motivation to loose this weight once Carson does get here!

What I miss? Right now... Nothing :) I am really enjoying my pregnancy this far! I don't even miss my regular clothes yet :) I'm sure that will come shortly! haha

What I'm looking forward to? I am really excited for our March 9th appointment because we get to see Carson again :) The ultrasound tech told us that with the 3D ultrasound this time we'd be able to really get a good look at him! Yay! I am also getting SUPER excited for our showers coming up in March :) Can't wait to see everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Is it really already the 3rd trimester? Where has the time gone?! Carson will be here before you know!! I can't wait to see you at the shower in March....only 1 more month!! YAY!!!! Keep posting pictures...I want to see that growing belly! :) Love ya!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the third trimester!! We too have invested in toilet paper as Lilli has discovered her first toy...my bladder:) Time is flying by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, I can't believe you are so close to have a little one join your family! Congratulations again to you and James - I am really happy for you guys and love being able to keep up with everyone through these awesome blogs! You look great and so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so proud of you! This blog is awesome....I feel like we are right there! Can't wait to see you in March!!!

    Love, Granny and Pops

    ReplyDelete