Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Closet Debacle

Luckily, Carson's room is equipped with a large walk-in closet. If it wasn't for this closet we would honestly have NO WHERE to put our junk. For the last two years it's nearly been packed full of stuff that didn't have any other place to go. I bet in the two years we've lived here I have cleaned that closet out at least 10 times. Each time getting a car load of stuff for Goodwill. So you're probably thinking...the closet has got to be about empty right? Well... Not hardly. I have however seemed to make space for some of Carson's things. The closet is kind of a strange square shape with a long shelf in the back and two small shelves on the left and right when you walk in. The other night while trying to fall asleep I come up with a fabulous idea: If I can get all of our junk against the back wall maybe I can hang a curtain in front of the back side to close-off our mess, so that Carson can have the left and right sides all for himself. I ponder the idea for a few days before bringing it up to James because I knew he wouldn't be excited about this project, mainly because he'd be the one doing it. Yesterday while at Target I bought a cheap curtain rod for $4 and decided we were going to give it a try. I had an old set of cheap tan curtains that were here when we bought the place that I figured would work perfectly. So basically I'm thinking for $4 we can make this closet look MUCH more organized....

Over a lovely Friday night frozen pizza dinner I told James I had a project for us to do. He was thrilled. haha When I finished explaining he thought I was crazy. "Why would you hang a curtain in the closet? It's a closet, it's supposed to be full of stuff. Carson isn't going to care what it looks like. It's not like we are going to be living here forever, why does it matter what it looks like." Then he finishes off with a bold statement, "I mean, that's just ignorant." Ok... First of all, ignorant is a strong word, and who uses it anyways? haha I explained to James that word wasn't really necessary so he then just referred to the idea as "stupid" much nicer I guess? haha SO, luckily for him my mind was already made up. A curtain was going to be hanging in the closet, even if the pregnant lady had to do it herself. Of course James is too sweet of a guy and loves me WAY too much to say no. He marches up there and hangs the dang rod...thinking I'm crazy the whole time. My idea worked perfectly, of course! It turned out just like I envisioned and it doesn't look "ignorant" James. I'm pretty sure he would agree that it looks SO much nicer in there but he'd never admit it :) Of course I took a couple pictures to show you our handy work.
Here's the closet without the curtain...



And with the curtain...


Yes, a HUGE improvement! I gave James another little project today... We added another little shelf to one side for some more storage. We're ready for more stuff! haha

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! That was a GENIUS idea Ash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think GENIUS is the perfect way to describe it! haha

    ReplyDelete