Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Weekend Happenings...

I can breathe! I pretty much haven't been able to breathe for the last couple of weeks... A couple days ago I bought a humidifier and I'm giving it all of the credit! It's amazing how much it helped in just a matter of a couple hours. I am still using my Neti Pot which I think is also helping out a bunch :) I almost forgot what it feels like to be able to breathe through both sides of my nose at the same time!

James and I are taking it easy this weekend... Just enjoying a little quality time together :) James has been working on his masters for sometime now so today he spent about 5 hours at the library working on a midterm... The house was quiet and I was quite bored so I began another project that involved dragging out the ol' sewing machine :) I found a free pattern online not too long ago for a baby sling that looked pretty simple. So today's project: Making a baby sling! I'm not totally sure if a sling is something I will like using but it sounds like a great thing! Being able to hold Carson and still have use of both hands would be nice. I've seen so many cute slings out there and the cheapest being about $40...Seems silly to spend that on something I don't even know if I'll use. My solution...Make one for less than $10 :) I am so thrifty...probably why James married me. haha This sling was pretty easy to make, aside from the vague directions, and would make a great gift! When you buy the material you actually have enough to make two! I was only able to make one due to the fact that I accidentally cut the first one wrong...whoops. I'm sure I'll come up with something else to make with my leftover fabric!

The sling turned out really cute, I think...Although, it's hard to tell when you don't actually have a baby to put in there! If any of you know the sewing basics you could totally make this :) I found the pattern at http://www.mykarmababy.com/pages/BabySlingPattern.php

I go back to the doctor on Tuesday for the 3 hour glucose test so I will be sure to let you all know how that goes...Keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. That is so neat! It's like a fanny pack ---- for a kid!

    ReplyDelete